Is fishing that bad?

Surf fishing, pier fishing, and jetty fishing reports and general discussions about fishing San Diego's surf zone.
Post Reply
hrierdan
Angler
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:42 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 12 times

Is fishing that bad?

Post by hrierdan »

I haven't seen many posts lately.

Does this mean that everyone is having as much trouble catching fish as I am? Or are fewer people posting. I would love to see somebody catch a fish. I have forgotten what it's like 8-) :lol:

Doug
Andrew_WOT
Angler
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2025 8:05 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Is fishing that bad?

Post by Andrew_WOT »

Didn't see anything on TP last Saturday evening, only beds with micro crabs not suitable for fishing, quite a few people were trying, didn't see anybody catching, except one guy landed leopard shark. For me, not even a nibble on C-Rig.
Gorgeous red sunset though, was totally worth it. :)
Nelson 1
Extreme Angler
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed May 24, 2023 11:06 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 412 times
Been thanked: 268 times

Re: Is fishing that bad?

Post by Nelson 1 »

I have been fishing for Bonito in Mission Bay. They are all around . I was tired of getting skunk. Or just catching little fish.
UncleJose
Angler
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:58 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Is fishing that bad?

Post by UncleJose »

Hit up TP on Sunday with one lousy nibble and that was about it. This summer has been tough for me as well with not much catching.
User avatar
Perch killer
Extreme Angler
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:36 am
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 255 times
Been thanked: 400 times

Re: Is fishing that bad?

Post by Perch killer »

Well, overall yes, a bad summer. But I won't complain, got a few good ones mixed in with a lot of skunks as well. Probably will get back out as soon as conditions calm down from the recent storm swells. Hoping for a better Fall.
User avatar
jwacky
Extreme Angler
Posts: 357
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:19 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 364 times
Been thanked: 385 times

Re: Is fishing that bad?

Post by jwacky »

Its been a few weeks since I've been out but it's been a summer full of perch for me. Once I accepted that sand crabs weren't coming this year I switched to mussels and they've been getting lots of bites. Caught a handful of corbina and croaker early in the summer but nothing since. Just perch.

The storms have kinda kept me away. My window each week is usually early Saturday or Sunday, but that really hasn't been lining up well with regards to conditions so instead of fighting it, I've just played golf those mornings intead.
User avatar
DarkShadow
Extreme Angler
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu May 25, 2023 11:52 am
Location: East Los Angeles
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 526 times

Re: Is fishing that bad?

Post by DarkShadow »

Guess all the fish moved north.

I still think it's beginner's luck, but the water up here has been productive.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest