Last & First Bass

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Last & First Bass

Post by VinnyBass »

Well, there are times when I just feel bad posting too much...especially when it comes to Lake Murray. I have posted so many Murray reports that many of you guy are probably tired of seeing the same old blah, blah, blah. Heck, if I wasn’t me, I would probably even be saying..."Geez, another Murray report from Vinny....whats new!"
Anyway, I had the pleasure of talking to Dannicus over near the boat ramp today. I thanked him for posting reports and it is no secret as the guy can catch bass. I mentioned a few other guys on SDFish who also been posting which is great because I really enjoy reading other people's fish reports. I told him that I have not been posting much and keeping my fishing trips to Murray more low key. Besides not fishing much lately, catching a few bass each trip seems to be the highlight of the last month or so . Anyway, I told him I will just post something for fun and start posting a little more often..what the heck.
So I am just only posting a pic of my last bass of 2023 and first bass of 2024.....both tiny.

My last bass of 2023
IMG_0227.PNG
My first bass of 2024
IMG_0224.PNG
I hope the first fish of the New Year is not an indication of lots of small fish ahead for me...ha ha :-)

Happy New Year and Tight lines everyone!
(and keep posting!)
Dannicus
Mega Pro Angler

Re: Last & First Bass

Post by Dannicus »

VinnyBass wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:20 pm Well, there are times when I just feel bad posting too much...especially when it comes to Lake Murray. I have posted so many Murray
reports that many of you guy are probably tired of seeing the same old blah, blah, blah. Heck, if I wan't me, I would probably even be
saying..."Geez, another Murray report from Vinny....whats new!"
Anyway, I had the pleasure of talking to Dannicus over near the boat ramp today. I thanked him for posting reports and it is no secret
as the guy can catch bass. I mentioned a few other guys on SDFish who also been posting which is great because I really enjoy reading
other people's fish reports. I told him that I have not been posting much and keeping my fishing trips to Murray more low key. Besides not
fishing much lately, catching a few bass each trip seems to be the highlight of the last month or so .
Anyway, I told him I will just post something for fun and start posting a little more often..what the heck.
So I am just only posting a pic of my last bass of 2023 and first bass of 2024.....both tiny.

My last bass of 2023
IMG_0227.PNG

My first bass of 2024
IMG_0224.PNG
I hope the first fish of the New Year is not an indication of lots of small fish ahead for me...ha ha :-)

Happy New Year and Tight lines everyone!
(and keep posting!)
It was great to see you there mate!
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

Are you sure your first fish isn't a baby walleye.....hahaha! Good job getting out there buddy! Can't wait to see what 2024 brings!
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Mcfish wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:22 pm Are you sure your first fish isn't a baby walleye.....hahaha! Good job getting out there buddy! Can't wait to see what 2024 brings!
Well, at least I got small out of the way in 2024… ha ha Hopefully it will be a good fishing year for you,
“that other guy,” and lots of others here on SDFish. :-)
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Post by Fisheromen »

Hear hear!
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

Post by Pourboy »

Thanks for the post! Hopefully getting to Murray soon for the first time! I always enjoy your posts. Cheers!
otaymichael
Extreme Angler

Post by otaymichael »

Pourboy wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:03 pm Thanks for the post! Hopefully getting to Murray soon for the first time! I always enjoy your posts. Cheers!
Amen.
Someone wake me up when the days get longer, the air warms up, and the little green fish start hitting jerkbaits, will ya?
8-)
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

otaymichael wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:37 pm
Pourboy wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:03 pm Thanks for the post! Hopefully getting to Murray soon for the first time! I always enjoy your posts. Cheers!
Amen.
Someone wake me up when the days get longer, the air warms up, and the little green fish start hitting jerkbaits, will ya?
8-)
Here here.....I second that motion!
:-)
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

Rumor has it, JIMBO is coming out of retirement this year and will be putting on a clinic at Murray
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

camobass wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:59 am Rumor has it, JIMBO is coming out of retirement this year and will be putting on a clinic at Murray
I have fished on the same days he said he was there slaying huge bass and I never had the pleasure of meeting or even seeing him.
I hope this time when he is landing all those huge bass and I am there fishing at the same time, he will actually show me one since
he does not own a camera or cannot figure out how to take a pic with his cell phone of all of those hogs he has caught. :-)
Maybe I can get him a copy of one of these books below to help him be able to share pics or even one freaking pic of the huge
bass that nobody that fishes or works at the lake has ever seen.
book for JIMBO.png
Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 9.28.15 AM.png
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Post by Fisheromen »

He needs a flash since all his huge catches have been at night!