9/30

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Post Reply
Durango
Angler
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:45 pm
Location: San Diego
Been thanked: 45 times

9/30

Post by Durango »

Is Barrett open Wednesday 9/30? Seems like one year it closed the final Wednesday.
User avatar
Socalspartan
Pro Angler
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2025 7:38 am
Location: Carlsbad
Has thanked: 285 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: 9/30

Post by Socalspartan »

Nope. I confirmed this last Wednesday when I was there.
User avatar
Gotfish?
Extreme Angler
Posts: 809
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:43 pm
Has thanked: 1007 times
Been thanked: 649 times

Re: 9/30

Post by Gotfish? »

Sign at the gate says it is closed the 1st Wednesday of each month. So you are good for this Wednesday.
User avatar
JWall
Extreme Angler
Posts: 986
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:24 pm
Has thanked: 3402 times
Been thanked: 1239 times

Re: 9/30

Post by JWall »

Gotfish? wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 6:45 am Sign at the gate says it is closed the 1st Wednesday of each month. So you are good for this Wednesday.
The lake will not be open per Lori at the gate this morning. Ticketmaster never set it up to sell.
Durango
Angler
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:45 pm
Location: San Diego
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: 9/30

Post by Durango »

That breaks my heart. This will be the first year in maybe 30 years that I have not fished Barrett at least once, and I wanted to go Wednesday to keep my streak going. I didn't go earlier primarily because of the annoying moss and mediocre fishing reports.

Maybe El Nino will fill up the lake and all that water will somehow get rid of the moss?

Anyway, thanks to all of you who provide regular reports. They bring me much joy. That's what we bass fishermen and fisherwomen are, a group of people intent on joy.
Dandiego61904
Angler
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri May 05, 2023 5:26 am
Location: Chula Vista
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: 9/30

Post by Dandiego61904 »

Talked to Lori on sunday and her answer was no. Not open on wednesday.
MaxZmus
Mega Pro Angler
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:20 pm
Has thanked: 468 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: 9/30

Post by MaxZmus »

Durango wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 8:11 pm That breaks my heart. This will be the first year in maybe 30 years that I have not fished Barrett at least once, and I wanted to go Wednesday to keep my streak going. I didn't go earlier primarily because of the annoying moss and mediocre fishing reports.

Maybe El Nino will fill up the lake and all that water will somehow get rid of the moss?

Anyway, thanks to all of you who provide regular reports. They bring me much joy. That's what we bass fishermen and fisherwomen are, a group of people intent on joy.
It’s okay, you didn’t miss out on much this year. I only went 4 times as opposed to the usual 2 trips per month and I’m at peace with it. I just hope she bounces back stronger than ever next season.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest