8/27- A Four from Shore

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Post Reply
User avatar
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler
Posts: 2125
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:32 pm
Has thanked: 2823 times
Been thanked: 3430 times

8/27- A Four from Shore

Post by VinnyBass »

With this heat wave I have not been fishing. It is taking a mental toll on me so even with a 93 degree forecast for La Mesa
today, I ventured out to fish from shore for a bit. Late start as I got to Murray at 8:20. The heat came quickly and I tried a number of reaction baits knowing I would not be there long. Then just tied on a larger Sammy and was whipping it out there pretty far when suddenly the water exploded. It got a little scary once in the shallows where a lot of rocks were, but got it in and it was 4 lbs on the head. I was already sweating so it was time to head home. A fun short trip, but can't wait till
this heat wave is over and I can start fishing more often without the fear of a heat stroke...ha ha
IMG_8540.jpg
<º)))><..<º)))><..<º)))><........<º)))><.. )º)))><
User avatar
kastmaster
Extreme Angler
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2026 7:17 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 470 times
Been thanked: 334 times

Re: 8/27- A Four from Shore

Post by kastmaster »

Oh! That's a beast! Nice.
User avatar
tomnilll
Extreme Angler
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon May 15, 2023 9:36 am
Location: Oceanside
Has thanked: 399 times
Been thanked: 682 times

Re: 8/27- A Four from Shore

Post by tomnilll »

Nice one...(the rhyme).

Pretty good fish too!
User avatar
Big C
Mega Pro Angler
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:33 am
Has thanked: 313 times
Been thanked: 308 times

Re: 8/27- A Four from Shore

Post by Big C »

Well done Vinny.
User avatar
Dfishin
Extreme Angler
Posts: 497
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:49 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 1151 times
Been thanked: 725 times

Re: 8/27- A Four from Shore

Post by Dfishin »

Nice! I just stopped by there around 4:30 and 7 boats trailers in the lot. 4 of the regular spots empty. But I did see busters and couple of bass hanging by the launch in a hole in the grass.
Attachments
IMG_6950.JPG
User avatar
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler
Posts: 2125
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:32 pm
Has thanked: 2823 times
Been thanked: 3430 times

Re: 8/27- A Four from Shore

Post by VinnyBass »

Dfishin wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2026 5:14 pm Nice! I just stopped by there around 4:30 and 7 boats trailers in the lot. 4 of the regular spots empty. But I did see busters and couple of bass hanging by the launch in a hole in the grass.
Yeah, there was a lot of boats out there this morning. I look forward hopefully when there’s more choices for guys to fish at in their boats. It’s a pretty sad situation for so many guys but it sure is putting a lot of pressure on Murray. Maybe El Niño in someway will be a blessing and bring water levels up and some of the lakes.
<º)))><..<º)))><..<º)))><........<º)))><.. )º)))><
Mcfish
Extreme Angler
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:08 pm
Has thanked: 1827 times
Been thanked: 1233 times

Re: 8/27- A Four from Shore

Post by Mcfish »

VinnyBass wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2026 11:42 am With this heat wave I have not been fishing. It is taking a mental toll on me so even with a 93 degree forecast for La Mesa
today, I ventured out to fish from shore for a bit. Late start as I got to Murray at 8:20. The heat came quickly and I tried a number of reaction baits knowing I would not be there long. Then just tied on a larger Sammy and was whipping it out there pretty far when suddenly the water exploded. It got a little scary once in the shallows where a lot of rocks were, but got it in and it was 4 lbs on the head. I was already sweating so it was time to head home. A fun short trip, but can't wait till
this heat wave is over and I can start fishing more often without the fear of a heat stroke...ha ha

IMG_8540.jpg
You are the Sammy Master!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest