EC 8/18
- Dfishin
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 497
- Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:49 pm
- Location: San Diego
- Has thanked: 1151 times
- Been thanked: 725 times
EC 8/18
Haven't posted in a while, so decided I should contribute. Fishing has been good for me in the back of the lake. The water is shallow and loaded with shad and bass. Depending on the time off day they will be next to shore then move out as it warms up. DS, Fluke, senko and jerk bait. I also have been hitting up the bubbler. They are getting hammered by fisherman. I don't blame them as there are tons of fish there. This last trip I just went to the bubbler, same baits as last time work. With the small underspin (Pourboy special) Small straight tail bait, I could get them when not busting.
For OtayMichael I used FFS to find the groups of fish and what depth to fish. Landed 34 and 3 more not on the bubbler.
For OtayMichael I used FFS to find the groups of fish and what depth to fish. Landed 34 and 3 more not on the bubbler.
- VinnyBass
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 2125
- Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:32 pm
- Has thanked: 2823 times
- Been thanked: 3430 times
Re: EC 8/18
Great job out there!
Tight lines always and thanks for sharing.
Tight lines always and thanks for sharing.
<º)))><..<º)))><..<º)))><........<º)))><.. )º)))><
-
Moose
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 316
- Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:53 pm
- Has thanked: 68 times
- Been thanked: 627 times
Re: EC 8/18
Sounds like a great day.
Im curious, what is the depth back in the North end now that the lake is so low. I know when I could still put my boat in it was only 4-10ft back there.
Im curious, what is the depth back in the North end now that the lake is so low. I know when I could still put my boat in it was only 4-10ft back there.
- Dfishin
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 497
- Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:49 pm
- Location: San Diego
- Has thanked: 1151 times
- Been thanked: 725 times
Re: EC 8/18
When you round the bend it hovers around 18'. Conejos is no more. then when you head back it is a flat area gets that is around 5' I don't go any farther. The east side you can find deeper water. Boats have no problem, people manage to launch smaller boats off trailers there. You need 4wd. I have not seen any full on bass boats.
In the pic conejos shore is point to point and very shallow. What is 5' now use to 30 plus
In the pic conejos shore is point to point and very shallow. What is 5' now use to 30 plus
- KillinTime
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 653
- Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:06 pm
- Has thanked: 607 times
- Been thanked: 635 times
- Dannicus
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 1032
- Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:55 am
- Location: San Diego
- Has thanked: 2222 times
- Been thanked: 2480 times
- otaymichael
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 364
- Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:56 am
- Has thanked: 990 times
- Been thanked: 554 times
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest