Hodges reopener

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
1Fishdude
Angler

Hodges reopener

Post by 1Fishdude »

Didn' t even know it was going to really open but I made the trip with my float tube but didn't get on the water until maybe 10 am. It was sad to see this lake in the shape that it is in. I have fished here for at least 30 years and at one time it was the go to lake for double digit bass. The lake is a puddle compared to its former trophy status. But it made it easy to kick across . In the next 3 hours I managed $ clone fish throwing jigs. I saw lots of guys working thin sencos rigged on shaky heads with good success drifting with the wind. I am not sure if this lake will ever be the trophy bass lake of yesteryear I hope it isnt true but looking at the fish and seeing for myself they have screwed up a great lake.I will try to post pictures tomorrow i forgot to download them from my phone but they were all 1-2 lb fish
bendopolo 44+
Mega Pro Angler

Re: Hodges reopner

Post by bendopolo 44+ »

It still has more water than Lake Murray and that place has Pigs.
professionull
Mega Pro Angler

Post by professionull »

I started at about 6:30am and left at 8:30am and ended up with 6 from the bank. 4 were the smaller 1-2lb like you caught then I got a spawned out lethargic 7-8lber and then a 5lber that was healthy but I had to bail for work.
Attachments
CCB30144-DEF7-4A59-BF95-01960C6F91DE.jpeg
BassbruiserDylan
Angler

Post by BassbruiserDylan »

professionull wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:48 am I started at about 6:30am and left at 8:30am and ended up with 6 from the bank. 4 were the smaller 1-2lb like you caught then I got a spawned out lethargic 7-8lber and then a 5lber that was healthy but I had to bail for work.
Sweet! I fished for only 1:30 from the shore at Del dios from about 12-1:30, only got one that could have been 6lbs or so but was disgustingly skinny. What did you get yours on?
professionull
Mega Pro Angler

Post by professionull »

BassbruiserDylan wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:04 pm Sweet! I fished for only 1:30 from the shore at Del dios from about 12-1:30, only got one that could have been 6lbs or so but was disgustingly skinny. What did you get yours on?
I caught both bigger fish on a 7" roboworm texas rig and all the small fish on the senko in the sticks.

That bigger one looked pathetic with how skinny it was since it could have easily have been 12+ lbs. It really was a sad sight to see and releasing it took quite a bit of time to get it to swim off
1Fishdude
Angler

Re: Hodges reopener

Post by 1Fishdude »

IMG_8436.jpg
Here are a couple of pictures of the fish I promised to upload from yesterday. After reading the responses of the catches that were made about the sizes of fish caught leads me to the conclusion that the fish are highly concentrated in the water that is left and it does give me a glimmer of hope that some of the fish from the lake of the past will survive and if they do have enough forage fish to survive the lake may come back with time. I surely hope so. Please handle those spawned out bigger females with great care and make sure you fully revive them before sending them on there way. Tight lines everyone.
Attachments
IMG_8432.jpg