7/12- Very Quick Murray session

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

7/12- Very Quick Murray session

Post by VinnyBass »

With excessive heat warnings, I decided to go over to Murray this morning before the heat arrives. I am so used to fishing out of a kayak or boat with lots of tackle but I did not want to carry a lot so I gathered a small assortment of reaction baits and off I went. I decided to just fish off the fishing pier as there was only 2 guys on it and I could have access to deep and shallow water. The fishing pier filled up pretty quickly so between maneuvering around and in between people and casts going every direction possible, I was lucky and able to pick up 3 small bass. One on an under-spin and two on a jerk bait in a little less than an hour and a half. The water is rising a few feet a day and can't wait to get back out on the water in my kayak or boat.
Tight lines
IMG_6583.PNG
IMG_6584.PNG
IMG_6585.PNG
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Re: 7/12- Very Quick Murray session

Post by Mcfish »

Nice! Were your other dock mates jealous? It was nice of the fish to school within casting distance!
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Post by Fisheromen »

You got 3 Bass off a pier??? No wonder you are an extreme angler!!!
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Mcfish wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:51 am Nice! Were your other dock mates jealous? It was nice of the fish to school within casting distance!
The surface was calm and sadly did not see one bass hit the surface. That is what I was actually counting on. Anyway...no complaints.
Now it's time to re-organize part of my garage to create a path to my kitchen door for a new refrigerator. Not fun in the heat, but needs
to get done.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Fisheromen wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:54 am You got 3 Bass off a pier??? No wonder you are an extreme angler!!!
It's wonderful...you should try it. This is what to expect....:-)
fishing-pier.jpg
kirkboat
Angler

Post by kirkboat »

Is the water coming back up?
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

kirkboat wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:18 am Is the water coming back up?
Yes, I was told it was coming up a couple feet a day. Sometimes I stop by the lake and look around and I could tell it’s definitely has came up, but a long ways from where it should be.
kirkboat
Angler

Post by kirkboat »

Hopefully by August sometime
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

kirkboat wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:22 pm Hopefully by August sometime
Went over this morning(7/13) to look around and the water is creeping its way
slowly towards the bottom of the boat ramp.
boat ramp status.jpg
galen
Pro Angler

Post by galen »

When it’s no longer of any use to you, you can auction off that Ranger hat to the highest bidder. That thing’s loaded with fish catching mojo!
kirkboat
Angler

Post by kirkboat »

awesome
. thanks for the up date
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

galen wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:22 pm When it’s no longer of any use to you, you can auction off that Ranger hat to the highest bidder. That thing’s loaded with fish catching mojo!
That was really funny. I finally got a new black Ranger hat because my old black one turned into a light tan color. We all may have a favorite fishing hat or two, and I try to mix it up here and there. I did have a hat about 20 years ago that I swore it seemed to be lucky. It was a cool green BPS hat and one hot summer day I left it on the back deck of my boat and somewhere on the way back from El Cap it came off. I was bummed for a long time, but found over the years that no hat is luckier than the other and I have quite a few hats......Oh yeah, back to the point........the key is to just get out there and fish as often as you can and wear whatever hat you like and hope the fish are biting.
Tight lines @galen. :-)
BassHound905
Angler

Post by BassHound905 »

Nice job once again Vinny. So how are you doing these days my friend. My handle on here now that we moved over is no longer Rescue ranger 905. Hope all is well. Did you check out my video from Barrett I posted last week? ....( Barrett thread under my new handle). Check it out! Glad to see your still getting em at the Mur.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

BassHound905 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:45 pm Nice job once again Vinny. So how are you doing these days my friend. My handle on here now that we moved over is no longer Rescue ranger 905. Hope all is well. Did you check out my video from Barrett I posted last week? ....( Barrett thread under my new handle). Check it out! Glad to see your still getting em at the Mur.
Hey there Rob....I saw your IV Canal Fishing post and video and responded to it and thought you would get a kick out of me mentioning the fried pork rinds...ah...the good old days eh? Still kicking' and fishing here and there lately. Once every blue moon head out to the old working grounds to grab lunch to go and visit some of people still left that I know. I just checked out the Barrett video and really enjoyed it. I always like the music you put on all your videos. the special effects and slow mo stuff rocks! You guys looks like it was quite a bit of fun there. I hope to see more videos and tight lines always my friend. :-)
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Post by Fisheromen »

No hat luckier??? Say it ain't so! I was hoping a different hat would turn my season around!
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Fisheromen wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:22 am No hat luckier??? Say it ain't so! I was hoping a different hat would turn my season around!
All of us are different and some of us may be a little more superstitious than others. But if you decide to buy or wear a different hat and have a few straight great fishing sessions at Sutherland, your don’t have to be Nostradamus to predict that you will be wearing that hat a lot in the future. :-)
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

galen wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:22 pm When it’s no longer of any use to you, you can auction off that Ranger hat to the highest bidder. That thing’s loaded with fish catching mojo!
Is that what that smell is....mojo???
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

VinnyBass wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:16 pm
Fisheromen wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:22 am No hat luckier??? Say it ain't so! I was hoping a different hat would turn my season around!
All of us are different and some of us may be a little more superstitious than others. But if you decide to buy or wear a different hat and have a few straight great fishing sessions at Sutherland, your don’t have to be Nostradamus to predict that you will be wearing that hat a lot in the future. :-)
I may burn my Sutherland hat after this year.....
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Mcfish wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:18 pm
VinnyBass wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:16 pm
I may burn my Sutherland hat after this year.....
That will be tough because you really are attached to that hat
McFish Lucky hat.png