I went fishing for Bonito today. The fish I caught were from
W. Mission Bay Bridge to the Quivian Basin Point. The fish were boiling next to the rocks, chasing bait fish. Which was pretty cool to watch. Two hours of fishing 7:30am to 9:30am.
Caught 4 today. Some of the race boats were still down there.
Mission Bay 9/22
- foulhook
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 253
- Joined: Thu May 11, 2023 1:29 pm
- Location: Elsinore
- Has thanked: 254 times
- Been thanked: 167 times
Re: Mission Bay 9/22
I have been catching tons of bonito on jigs on half day boats, mixed in with bullet tuna. I wonder if the bullet tuna will ever enter the bays. Nice fishing on the bonito!
- kastmaster
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 281
- Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2026 7:17 pm
- Location: San Diego
- Has thanked: 470 times
- Been thanked: 334 times
- pseudoMoGil
- Pro Angler
- Posts: 56
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2026 8:24 am
- Location: San Diego
- Has thanked: 237 times
- Been thanked: 93 times
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest