My week at Murray

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Dannicus
Extreme Angler
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:55 am
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 2222 times
Been thanked: 2480 times

My week at Murray

Post by Dannicus »

This week I decided to focus on BFS fishing at my home lake. I fished exclusively light and ultralight gear, and threw micro crankbaits, jerkbaits and an itty bitty spybait. None of the lures were over 2" or 1/8 ounce so yeah...tiny.

I caught a bunch of dinks, one, and two pounders. I also managed three over 3 pounds, which I assure you feel much larger on ultralight gear, so it was a lot of fun. It's also fun to pick up a few big bluegill when throwing those tiny baits, and the big ones fight harder than a bass pound for pound.

A couple of times I found myself surrounded by busters, and it was all I could do to resist throwing my beloved top water, but hey, there's always next week! There is a certain amount of satisfaction catching numbers even if they aren't huge.
IMG_20260730_062345224_HDR_AE.jpg
IMG_20260804_080944782_HDR_AE.jpg
IMG_20260804_082641691_HDR_AE.jpg
IMG_20260804_113923689_HDR_AE.jpg
IMG_20260805_061828214_HDR_AE.jpg
User avatar
JWall
Extreme Angler
Posts: 986
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:24 pm
Has thanked: 3402 times
Been thanked: 1239 times

Re: My week at Murray

Post by JWall »

“Numbers” are too good of a reinforcement of your tactics to not be satisfying! Love your posts 👏
User avatar
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler
Posts: 2125
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:32 pm
Has thanked: 2823 times
Been thanked: 3430 times

Re: My week at Murray

Post by VinnyBass »

Nice job Dan.
Did your buddy make it out to
join you on Wednesday?
<º)))><..<º)))><..<º)))><........<º)))><.. )º)))><
User avatar
kastmaster
Extreme Angler
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2026 7:17 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 470 times
Been thanked: 334 times

Re: My week at Murray

Post by kastmaster »

Nicely done!
vito1023
Extreme Angler
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:34 am
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 462 times
Been thanked: 203 times

Re: My week at Murray

Post by vito1023 »

I’ll take your week anytime, thanks for your helpful posts.
Moose
Extreme Angler
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:53 pm
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 627 times

Re: My week at Murray

Post by Moose »

Nicely done! Always enjoy your reports!
Pwy_FireCapt
Angler
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:23 pm
Location: Fletcher Hills
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: My week at Murray

Post by Pwy_FireCapt »

How deep are you fishing those little crankbaits in this warm water.
User avatar
Dannicus
Extreme Angler
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:55 am
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 2222 times
Been thanked: 2480 times

Re: My week at Murray

Post by Dannicus »

VinnyBass wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2026 9:06 pm Nice job Dan.
Did your buddy make it out to
join you on Wednesday?
No he had some personal stuff come up he had to deal with.
User avatar
Dannicus
Extreme Angler
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:55 am
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 2222 times
Been thanked: 2480 times

Re: My week at Murray

Post by Dannicus »

Pwy_FireCapt wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2026 2:11 pm How deep are you fishing those little crankbaits in this warm water.
I have 2 of them. 1 goes to 5 feet and the other dives to 10 feet. I usually start shallow then work out deeper.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests