My week at Murray
- Dannicus
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 1032
- Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:55 am
- Location: San Diego
- Has thanked: 2222 times
- Been thanked: 2480 times
My week at Murray
This week I decided to focus on BFS fishing at my home lake. I fished exclusively light and ultralight gear, and threw micro crankbaits, jerkbaits and an itty bitty spybait. None of the lures were over 2" or 1/8 ounce so yeah...tiny.
I caught a bunch of dinks, one, and two pounders. I also managed three over 3 pounds, which I assure you feel much larger on ultralight gear, so it was a lot of fun. It's also fun to pick up a few big bluegill when throwing those tiny baits, and the big ones fight harder than a bass pound for pound.
A couple of times I found myself surrounded by busters, and it was all I could do to resist throwing my beloved top water, but hey, there's always next week! There is a certain amount of satisfaction catching numbers even if they aren't huge.
I caught a bunch of dinks, one, and two pounders. I also managed three over 3 pounds, which I assure you feel much larger on ultralight gear, so it was a lot of fun. It's also fun to pick up a few big bluegill when throwing those tiny baits, and the big ones fight harder than a bass pound for pound.
A couple of times I found myself surrounded by busters, and it was all I could do to resist throwing my beloved top water, but hey, there's always next week! There is a certain amount of satisfaction catching numbers even if they aren't huge.
- JWall
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 986
- Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:24 pm
- Has thanked: 3402 times
- Been thanked: 1239 times
Re: My week at Murray
“Numbers” are too good of a reinforcement of your tactics to not be satisfying! Love your posts 
- VinnyBass
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 2125
- Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:32 pm
- Has thanked: 2823 times
- Been thanked: 3430 times
Re: My week at Murray
Nice job Dan.
Did your buddy make it out to
join you on Wednesday?
Did your buddy make it out to
join you on Wednesday?
<º)))><..<º)))><..<º)))><........<º)))><.. )º)))><
- kastmaster
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 281
- Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2026 7:17 pm
- Location: San Diego
- Has thanked: 470 times
- Been thanked: 334 times
-
Pwy_FireCapt
- Angler
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:23 pm
- Location: Fletcher Hills
- Has thanked: 68 times
- Been thanked: 51 times
- Dannicus
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 1032
- Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:55 am
- Location: San Diego
- Has thanked: 2222 times
- Been thanked: 2480 times
Re: My week at Murray
No he had some personal stuff come up he had to deal with.VinnyBass wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2026 9:06 pm Nice job Dan.
Did your buddy make it out to
join you on Wednesday?
- Dannicus
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 1032
- Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:55 am
- Location: San Diego
- Has thanked: 2222 times
- Been thanked: 2480 times
Re: My week at Murray
I have 2 of them. 1 goes to 5 feet and the other dives to 10 feet. I usually start shallow then work out deeper.Pwy_FireCapt wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2026 2:11 pm How deep are you fishing those little crankbaits in this warm water.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest