Torrey Pines

Surf fishing, pier fishing, and jetty fishing reports and general discussions about fishing San Diego's surf zone.
MichaelV
Angler

Torrey Pines

Post by MichaelV »

Hey all!

Gonna be hitting Torrey Pines this weekend, probably fishing the morning outgoing. Bringing carolina rig, digging for sandcrabs and bringing some gulp blood worms- any other reccomendations for the area? Has it been producing lately?
Neuroshima
Mega Pro Angler

Re: Torrey Pines

Post by Neuroshima »

I heard that there was wasn't much structure at TP last weekend. Blacks was good for me, though. Got into some perch, and a lot of sand crabs.
Dry Fly Rie
Angler

Post by Dry Fly Rie »

I was there yesterday morning at sunrise. Walked south all the way to flat rock. Lots of exposed reefs and attached kelp that I got snagged on a bunch. Lots of cobble in the shallows, as well. I found several beds of micro crabs up high out of the water, but all crabs were small. Didn’t catch anything, but only fished there for an hour or so, before heading elsewhere.

Happy hunting!
MichaelV
Angler

Post by MichaelV »

Thank you guys for the info! Just got back- parked near the bridge, walked south all the way past flat rock- Neuro, you were right, next to no structure north of flat rock, but a fair bit south of it. Dry Fly Rie, super correct on the cobble, there was tons!

Didnt see a single sand crab, but the bloodworms did us well; two golden barred surfperch, two yellowfin croaker, and an undersize hali- definitely beat the skunk! Odd one- my brother pulled in a crab on the line- good size, about the size of my fist- it, for whatever reason, decided to grab onto the sinker and be pulled in!
MichaelV
Angler

Post by MichaelV »

Some photos from the day
Attachments
received_6639607632740156.jpeg
20230624_101028.jpg
Baja_Traveler
Angler

Post by Baja_Traveler »

I fly fished Blacks today - tons of beach structure from the glider port stairs north. At one point I couldn't see my feet from the 10 million 1/8-1/4" sand crabs in the surf. Fished from sunrise to 10am without a bite, and didn't see any of the bait fishermen hook up either. Disappointing that the place looked so fishy, but there was no fish there...
Blinky
Angler

Post by Blinky »

Fished south TP this morning, one small perch. On a gulp sand crab of all things, haha