Miramar Lake launch ramp

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Post Reply
TIM
Angler
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2025 2:59 pm
Location: Vista
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Miramar Lake launch ramp

Post by TIM »

Water level is up covering all dock entrance’s. Caught 3 1-2# ers. All on Dropshot 25 ft off points.
Attachments
IMG_2169.jpeg
IMG_2170.jpeg
IMG_2168.jpeg
Last edited by TIM on Tue Jun 09, 2026 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neuroshima
Extreme Angler
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:45 am
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 270 times

Re: Miramar Lake launch ramp

Post by Neuroshima »

I was there for a walk on Wednesday. The water was so high that the pedestrian ramp to the rentals was blocked off because part of it was underwater.
User avatar
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler
Posts: 2125
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:32 pm
Has thanked: 2823 times
Been thanked: 3430 times

Re: Miramar Lake launch ramp

Post by VinnyBass »

My buddy took some pics the other day at Miramar....here is a couple of them.
Crazy water level eh?

Boat dock
Unknown-1.png

Launch ramp dock
IMG_7213.PNG
<º)))><..<º)))><..<º)))><........<º)))><.. )º)))><
robert_smith
Extreme Angler
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2025 9:26 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 174 times
Been thanked: 472 times

Re: Miramar Lake launch ramp

Post by robert_smith »

Neuroshima wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2026 9:05 am I was there for a walk on Wednesday. The water was so high that the pedestrian ramp to the rentals was blocked off because part of it was underwater.
I built that ramp basically myself 9 months it took before I fished when I was in my 20s
robert_smith
Extreme Angler
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2025 9:26 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 174 times
Been thanked: 472 times

Re: Miramar Lake launch ramp

Post by robert_smith »

robert_smith wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2026 5:47 pm
Neuroshima wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2026 9:05 am I was there for a walk on Wednesday. The water was so high that the pedestrian ramp to the rentals was blocked off because part of it was underwater.
I built that ramp basically myself 9 months it took before I fished when I was in my 20s
I meant the ada ramp trex 💪
Neuroshima
Extreme Angler
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:45 am
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 270 times

Re: Miramar Lake launch ramp

Post by Neuroshima »

VinnyBass wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2026 4:57 pm My buddy took some pics the other day at Miramar....here is a couple of them.
Crazy water level eh?

Boat dock
Unknown-1.png


Launch ramp dock
IMG_7213.PNG
While I was biking around the lake, the water level was so high that it was past the reeds, almost as if you could fish from shore on the North side. I was looking in to see if I could see carp or bass in the shallows, but didn't see any.
User avatar
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler
Posts: 2125
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:32 pm
Has thanked: 2823 times
Been thanked: 3430 times

Re: Miramar Lake launch ramp

Post by VinnyBass »

Neuroshima wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2026 9:35 am
VinnyBass wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2026 4:57 pm My buddy took some pics the other day at Miramar....here is a couple of them.
Crazy water level eh?

Boat dock
Unknown-1.png


Launch ramp dock
IMG_7213.PNG
While I was biking around the lake, the water level was so high that it was past the reeds, almost as if you could fish from shore on the North side. I was looking in to see if I could see carp or bass in the shallows, but didn't see any.
Back many many decades ago, you could walk around Miramar and shore fish because there were just clumps of tulles back in the 70's
and could catch bass all day long(as long as there did not see you in the crystal clear water. I remember times when the water was
high and you could catch mostly small bass in between the tulles and shoreline with 3" Creme worms. Lots of fun memories fishing
there with my father.
<º)))><..<º)))><..<º)))><........<º)))><.. )º)))><
Bigbertha
Angler
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue May 19, 2026 9:39 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 278 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Miramar Lake launch ramp

Post by Bigbertha »

Where does this water come from!!!????
User avatar
Gotfish?
Extreme Angler
Posts: 809
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:43 pm
Has thanked: 1007 times
Been thanked: 649 times

Re: Miramar Lake launch ramp

Post by Gotfish? »

Bigbertha wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2026 6:08 pm Where does this water come from!!!????
https://www.google.com/search?q=where+d ... e&ie=UTF-8
Brian D
Pro Angler
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:13 am
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Miramar Lake launch ramp

Post by Brian D »

I fished there on Sunday June 7th. Was a very stead pick bite. 2-3 made it to the 2 lb. class. Rest were 1.3 lbs class. Drop shot got the number, flipped senkos got the bigger bites. Saw some jaints underneath the rental docs, including a 50 lb. cat.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest