I fished top water first around 5 am just barley able to see the sticks. Not getting the love on the little walking bait, so the whopper plopper did the job. They were all over it. One hit it loaded up set the hook as it jumped WP came flying out and stuck in my bare foot. Look down 1 hook buried all the way in on the side of my bare foot. Barbless was great for this situation, still a tug to get out. After the top water died down I threw a fluke in the same area for some more.
Then started on deeper water (10' to 20') and found them on a split shot rig, fluke and DS. The jig didn't do as well as last time. Numbers up like other times.
No boats at first then some started trickling out. I guess they paid at the dock from what I heard.
As Shawnster stated there is more tiny fish and baby blue gill. I caught a lot more healthy fish. 1 at 4 lbs Biggest 4 1/4 lbs.
7/22 Tubin
- Dfishin
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 495
- Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:49 pm
- Location: San Diego
- Has thanked: 1141 times
- Been thanked: 723 times
- otaymichael
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 364
- Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:56 am
- Has thanked: 990 times
- Been thanked: 554 times
- JWall
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 985
- Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:24 pm
- Has thanked: 3386 times
- Been thanked: 1236 times
- KillinTime
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 650
- Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:06 pm
- Has thanked: 606 times
- Been thanked: 632 times
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest