San V 1/18

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Moose
Mega Pro Angler

San V 1/18

Post by Moose »

Another day, another curve ball by the bass.

On the water at opening. Thankfully it was not nearly as cold as Monday! Day started off on a not so good note. When launching my boat I accidentally went a bit too far and the boat floated off without me in it! 1st time I’ve ever had that happen 🤦🏻‍♂️ Thankfully by the time I parked and got back down to the ramp, the breeze had pushed it back to the ramp.

So headed out of the marina a bit embarrassed and shot to my area. Tried a jerk bait, an A rig, and a Chatterbait to see if I could get a bonus bite. No love so I picked up the dropshot and headed out deep.

It was a very weird bite on the deep fish. They would HAMMER the bait but wouldn’t hook up. It was like a solid jig bite, just a hard “thump!” but then gone 🤷🏻‍♂️ Ended up with one little 11” fish after about an hour deep so I went up shallow again but no one home this time. So I moved a little deeper and a tarted just fan casting the area with the dropshot. Found fish in about 25-30ft. Ended the day with 8 fish but nothing big. Had three fish over 2lbs but the rest were all pound and a half footballs.

It’s interesting how fast the algae blooms as soon as the sun hits the water. It’s almost instantly that it starts to cloud the surface.

It was a really nice day so the wifebeater was back 🤣🤣
Attachments
IMG_1430.jpeg
IMG_1451.jpeg
IMG_1461.jpeg
IMG_1469.jpeg
IMG_1482.jpeg
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Re: San V 1/18

Post by Fisheromen »

You always seem to get them! At least your face will not get sunburned!
Fishtricks
Pro Angler

Post by Fishtricks »

When I get bit like that, I assume they bit the weight
Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman.
Moose
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Moose »

Fishtricks wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:40 am When I get bit like that, I assume they bit the weight
That is definitely something I have had happen in the past. That’s why I quit using unpainted dropshot weights. I pour my own dropshot weights so I always color them either green or brown to try and eliminate that.
KillinTime
Mega Pro Angler

Post by KillinTime »

Thanks for the reports!