Murray: Kayak or Boat=Same results

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Murray: Kayak or Boat=Same results

Post by VinnyBass »

Hit Murray in my kayak yesterday morning(4/19) and then again this morning(4/20) only this time in my boat. There has to be some casting advantage especially in a boat being higher above the water(not related to 4/20 high..ha ha) but there really wasn't any.
Anyway, basically the same results...some small bass. I should not complain as the weather warms up, I believe the fishing will get better. I will keep this short as I wanted to make sure that @mcfish knows that there are no fish in the tulles. Best bet McFish is to fish the area where you first come in the lake(aka as the KId's Pond" several decades ago). Lots of great spots in there. I did not go in there once either day so that the bass will be hungry for your custom roboworms that have the heads bitten off... :-)
Tight lines buddy

A few pic of some small bass:
Kayak
IMG_4688.PNG
IMG_4687.PNG
Boat
IMG_4686.PNG
IMG_4685.PNG
Last edited by VinnyBass on Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spud
Angler

Re: Murray: Kayak or Boat=Same results

Post by Spud »

Looks like fun
Slater
Pro Angler

Post by Slater »

Always bitching about something, cant catch big 6's every outing...
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

Ha..no fish in the tulles...then why do I smell Tokyo Rigs?? I'm waiting to see the sixes, I know how to catch small fish this year! Think I'm gonna resort to biting some heads off soon! Everything will change with this heat wave...please please please!
Dima
Angler

Post by Dima »

VinnyBass wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:52 pm Hit Murray in my kayak yesterday morning(4/19) and then again this morning(4/20) only this time in my boat. There has to be some casting advantage especially in a boat being higher above the water(not related to 4/20 high..ha ha) but there really wasn't any.
Anyway, basically the same results...some small bass. I should not complain as the weather warms up, I believe the fishing will get better. I will keep this short as I wanted to make sure that @mcfish knows that there are no fish in the tulles. Best bet McFish is to fish the area where you first come in the lake(aka as the KId's Pond" several decades ago). Lots of great spots in there. I did not go in there once either day so that the bass will be hungry for your custom roboworms that have the heads bitten off... :-)
Tight lines buddy
What type of setup are you using? I'm new to bass fishing and I'd like to try and catch some fat ones this season. Is there any particular technique you can share? I don't have a boat but I may just get a rental one.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Dima wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:45 pm
VinnyBass wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:52 pm Hit Murray in my kayak yesterday morning(4/19) and then again this morning(4/20) only this time in my boat. There has to be some casting advantage especially in a boat being higher above the water(not related to 4/20 high..ha ha) but there really wasn't any.
Tight lines buddy
What type of setup are you using? I'm new to bass fishing and I'd like to try and catch some fat ones this season. Is there any particular technique you can share? I don't have a boat but I may just get a rental one.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I sent you a PM. Hope it helps
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Slater wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:07 pm Always bitching about something, cant catch big 6's every outing...
Hey I do enjoy catching bass on any day. Catching some small ones lately and always look forward to a healthier bass once in a while. What bass fisherman doesn't enjoy catching a nice fat healthy bass once in a while? The 6lb thing is more of a goof around with a couple buddies on SDFish.
Anyway, it looks like there is a healthy shad population at Murray and hopefully a great summer of fishing and topwater action ahead.
Tight lines. :-)
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

That 6lb thing became a thing a couple years ago, when you basically put a 6lber in the boat or yak on every trip, or close to it! I believe you also stuck a 9lb+ that year! Just imagine if you actually knew what you were doing.....hahahahahahaha!
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Speaking earlier of Tokyo rigs.....I just had to add this pic again in this fish report as it does take a little practice...and glad Mcfish is ready to give it a shot.
Screen Shot 2023-04-22 at 11.16.55 AM.png