July 4th Fishing and Fireworks

Use this forum ONLY for topics that do not fit in any of the other forums below.
Zach
Angler

July 4th Fishing and Fireworks

Post by Zach »

I'd like to get out and do some kayak fishing this 4th with the intention of also watching the firework show. I have never fished the bay when the event is going on and don't know what access restrictions look like. Do any of you have experience with being on the bay during the display? Would appreciate some prior experience on the subject.
Neuroshima
Mega Pro Angler

Re: July 4th Fishing and Fireworks

Post by Neuroshima »

My one experience fishing on the 4th was surf fishing at Mission Beach at sunrise. By 7AM, I decided to leave, and people were fighting over my parking spot.
StinkyPinky23
Pro Angler

Post by StinkyPinky23 »

People take vehicles down to the beach areas the day before and park. Then they just get dropped off the next day. Happens all over mission/pb on big weekends over summer
Zach
Angler

Post by Zach »

That sounds like more trouble than it's worth :O_O:
Rude Baits
Angler

Post by Rude Baits »

I've watched the fireworks show on the bay from a party boat before (The "Big Bang" year). While it was kinda cool from the big boat, floating around in a kayak would probably be the last thing I would want to do. Too sketchy and the traffic is always horrendous. YMMV...
Neuroshima
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Neuroshima »

Rude Baits wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:23 pm I've watched the fireworks show on the bay from a party boat before (The "Big Bang" year). While it was kinda cool from the big boat, floating around in a kayak would probably be the last thing I would want to do. Too sketchy and the traffic is always horrendous. YMMV...
Drunk people + water + night time + explosives = oh my
Rude Baits
Angler

Post by Rude Baits »

Neuroshima wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:24 pm
Rude Baits wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:23 pm I've watched the fireworks show on the bay from a party boat before (The "Big Bang" year). While it was kinda cool from the big boat, floating around in a kayak would probably be the last thing I would want to do. Too sketchy and the traffic is always horrendous. YMMV...
Drunk people + water + night time + explosives = oh my
Exactly!
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

Twilight cattle boats are always fun for 4th July. They’re usually not crowded. You get to see several shows and the bite is usually good. Plus the squid beds are here as well as nice yellows and seabass.
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life