SD Bay - Jul 6

Fishing discussions and reports for San Diego Bay, Mission Bay, and the lagoons of North County.
Post Reply
User avatar
fglover
Angler
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2026 9:13 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 9 times

SD Bay - Jul 6

Post by fglover »

Started fishing around 12 and ended around 4:30. Day started off super slow with no bites, tried nearly everything and eventually just tied a dropshot. It immediately got slammed and it was the biggest fish I'd ever had here (I'm new to the socal fishing scene, coming from rural Indiana bass fishing). Sadly when I got her to the shore she dove into the rocks. I panicked, forgot my fundamentals, and broke off..

Still, had to break the skunk and got a smaller guy. Still a PB with how new I am to fishing here. Looking forward to more!
Attachments
PXL_20260706_234749697~3.jpg
galen
Extreme Angler
Posts: 216
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:52 am
Has thanked: 385 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: SD Bay - Jul 6

Post by galen »

Nice going. A new pb can’t be far away.
User avatar
Spektrum
Mega Pro Angler
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu May 02, 2024 11:18 pm
Location: Escondido
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 229 times

Re: SD Bay - Jul 6

Post by Spektrum »

You fished about the worst time of the day. Get out there at sunrise and it’s a whole different experience.
User avatar
Midnightpass
Extreme Angler
Posts: 1130
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:02 am
Location: La Mirada
Has thanked: 827 times
Been thanked: 640 times

Re: SD Bay - Jul 6

Post by Midnightpass »

Congrats on the PB.. More and larger to come, I'm sure...
Butch
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest