Back at Barrett! Hauser Arm this time

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

Back at Barrett! Hauser Arm this time

Post by Pourboy »

[media] Lake Barrett Fishing: Hauser Arm 2023 @chrisbrandtthebeefshaman9590
[/media]
Hey all!
I know this report is a bit late but it was a super busy week for me. I figured better late than never.

This was Sunday June 4 and I was excited just to be out there. I got on the water right away and figured I would fish Hauser this time. It started out like a rocket with 4 fish on 4 casts and missed fish number 5. I then got my first ever fish on the Suicide Duck! It did get off at the tube but that’s ok. This was as I rounded into Hauser at the point. I then crossed into Becky’s cove and fished a hunch and threw on a 30 year old floating Rapala size 11. I got a few on those and then my bite just died. DEAD!!! I threw everything for the next couple hours with not so much as a hit. I talked to people that said the same thing. I ended up getting a few clones closer to noon and then decided to head over to pine and fish a bluegill area. Trolling out I got one bass on a Fat Rap and then 3 crappie.
I then had something happen that has never happened to me in 30+ years of float tubing. A crappie flopped and stuck the hook of the FAT RAP into the tube. Doh! Luckily it was just a pin prick but still. No bueno! I stuck it out till the end getting a couple more on spinner bait at the end of the day and a couple bluegill. Totals for the day were 20 bass, 3 crappie and 2 bluegill. A super fun day on an incredibly beautiful lake.

p.s. I contacted Outcast about repairing my 20 year old Super Fat Cat. I told them I had a Type B repair kit and asked if that would work. They responded immediately and said that NO IT WOULD NOT WORK. They said you have to use a Type A kit because the tube itself is urethane based not vinyl. I bought one and it seems to be working great! I’ll give it a bigger test in the water at Hodges tomorrow.

If you want to see more details check out the video

Cheers all!
jmytuna
Angler

Re: Back at Barrett! Hauser Arm this time

Post by jmytuna »

Feel your pain. No punctures in 30 years w old ODC 420 , brand new scadden hybrid punctured from dorsal spine of dink bass as I released and it jumped and stabbed the tube.
This was at 6am deep in pine.
Kayaker had some duct tape but did not hold when wet. Ended up heading back w finger on leak. I now carry pump, Aquaseal, tear aid.
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

Re: Back at Barrett! Hauser Arm this time

Post by Pourboy »

jmytuna wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:07 pm Feel your pain. No punctures in 30 years w old ODC 420 , brand new scadden hybrid punctured from dorsal spine of dink bass as I released and it jumped and stabbed the tube.
Kayaker had some duct tape but did not hold when wet. Ended up heading back w finger on leak. I now carry pump, Aquaseal, tear aid.
jmytuna wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:07 pm Feel your pain. No punctures in 30 years w old ODC 420 , brand new scadden hybrid punctured from dorsal spine of dink bass as I released and it jumped and stabbed the tube.
I always carry a pump! I totally get it. I had a pump there for sure. But the stress Is just not good.