San V Monday chow time...

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

San V Monday chow time...

Post by Mcfish »

20230605_092419.jpg
June gloom..just what the fish ordered! Water temp 70-73, air temp not that nice! A stiff breeze blowing most of the day. I got on a solid pattern right from the start, working a dropshot in 15'-20', off steeper banks with rocks! I brought 23 fish to the boat, not counting a few 12" and under kids! I also set my all time record..breaking off 12 fish in the deeper brush and trees...beyond frustrating!! Also not real fun retying dropshot setups all morning..time for a trip to the tackle store! The fish all seem healthy and no sign of topwater yet!
20230605_090111.jpg
Attachments
20230605_080918.jpg
KillinTime
Extreme Angler

Re: San V Monday chow time...

Post by KillinTime »

Fun Day for Sure. Love the June Gloom on the lakes=)
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Post by Fisheromen »

Nice! I would have run out of hooks, not to mention baits!
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

Fisheromen wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:51 pm Nice! I would have run out of hooks, not to mention baits!
I was down to my last 2 favorite dropshot hooks! I have hundreds of hooks, but never the right size...
Slater
Pro Angler

Post by Slater »

Killing it...
Water looks stained / green compared to the San V I remember...?
am I mistaken?
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Breaking off 12 in deep brush and still putting in great numbers with 23 bass! Geez…my highest bass catching outing this year is the same number you broke off. Most people dread Mondays and your really seem to enjoy them catching bass after bass at San V.
Anyway, great job out there @mcfish and I’m pretty sure we’re gonna see a lot more Monday fish reports from
you. Tight lines always buddy. :-)
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

Slater wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:10 pm Killing it...
Water looks stained / green compared to the San V I remember...?
am I mistaken?
It's a little green..not as bad as 2 weeks ago..Water is still coming down the aquaduct... if that water is still coming from Sutherland, it's water visibility is about one foot!
RamonaAngler
Angler

Post by RamonaAngler »

Another 20+ day for you @Mcfish Wow. You are doing great. I was at San V yesterday, never did see you out there. Maybe next week? I noticed the aqueduct was not pouring water in like it has been these past few weeks. Down to a trickle. At least the algae bloom has dissipated.
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

RamonaAngler wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:48 am Another 20+ day for you @Mcfish Wow. You are doing great. I was at San V yesterday, never did see you out there. Maybe next week? I noticed the aqueduct was not pouring water in like it has been these past few weeks. Down to a trickle. At least the algae bloom has dissipated.
I thought I saw you..went up to the guy in his boat, oops not you! I fished most of my usual spots, stayed on the water til 2:00! It seems like the aquaduct picked up later in the day. I hope you got in on the bite! See you out there!
Big C
Pro Angler

Post by Big C »

23 sounds pretty darn good to me.Last time I was at San V I must have re rigged a drop shot at least a dozen times. Nice job finding the fish.
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Post by Fisheromen »

Barrett report, right?
Fisheromen
Extreme Angler

Post by Fisheromen »

Barrett report, right?
Can't catch 23 fish and break off another 12 in a regular lake!
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Fisheromen wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:20 pm Barrett report, right?
When he starts doing it at Sutherland on Fridays…that’s what I’m waiting for. :-)
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

I'm not sure I could catch that many at Barrett?? When I stuck to my pattern, there pretty much would be a fish everywhere I thought one should be! It sure makes it alot easier that way! It would of been an amazing day if I would of landed all those fish. I need to work on getting those fish out of the deep brush before they know they're hooked..sure, no problem!
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

VinnyBass wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:44 pm
When he starts doing it at Sutherland on Fridays…that’s what I’m waiting for. :-)
That's what I'm waiting for!!! I'm hoping the funk there disappears soon..it's been 3 long painful months! When they start eating my flukes and underspins, I'll know it's fixed!
RamonaAngler
Angler

Post by RamonaAngler »

Mcfish wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:38 am
RamonaAngler wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:48 am Another 20+ day for you @Mcfish Wow. You are doing great. I was at San V yesterday, never did see you out there. Maybe next week? I noticed the aqueduct was not pouring water in like it has been these past few weeks. Down to a trickle. At least the algae bloom has dissipated.
I thought I saw you..went up to the guy in his boat, oops not you! I fished most of my usual spots, stayed on the water til 2:00! It seems like the aquaduct picked up later in the day. I hope you got in on the bite! See you out there!
I started the day off running the banks on the East side...drove up to the North End, then a little around the island. Went over to the aqueduct arm and caught a nice 5.35 lb bass on a frog. Hauled him/her into the boat just in time to have my rod snap. :cry: Since it was my only heavy froggin rod, I'll have to get a new one before next Monday. I'll look for you out there. Sutherland needs to come down another 20 feet or so before it will pick back up there, IMHO.
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

Nice..5.35 on a frog! Rods, don't make them like they use to...some of my favorites are 30-40 years old and still ticking!
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Mcfish wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:16 am Nice..5.35 on a frog! Rods, don't make them like they use to...some of my favorites are 30-40 years old and still ticking!
I remember you telling me you got your rods shortly after the Korean War. They sure have held up well. :-)
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

VinnyBass wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:37 am
Mcfish wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:16 am Nice..5.35 on a frog! Rods, don't make them like they use to...some of my favorites are 30-40 years old and still ticking!
I remember you telling me you got your rods shortly after the Korean War. They sure have held up well. :-)
Funny! I actually do have a couple bamboo fly rods that my Dad brought back from Korea! The quality is questionable, but they're still cool to look at! I may refinish one since they don't have much value as a collectible...valuable to me!
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

I will read your fish report from last Monday again since they’ll be no report from this Monday. Looking forward to a fish report next Monday which seems so far away right now ha ha.