Page 1 of 1

Mission 7/6

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2026 3:22 pm
by Perch killer
Spur of the moment decided to give the mid morning incoming tide a go as a change of pace from doing the real early am lows. On the beach at 9:45 and found a decent hole plus a few crabs. Crabs were small, little fingernail size & smaller, only a few with any roe. Lot of salad too but fishable. No action whatsoever for 45 minutes on the crabs nor on blood worms. Got thinking this might be another hole holding more salad than any fish. But at about 10:30 a crab combo tipped by one with roe, got hammered for a nice 18" corbina. The only real good bite for this session.

Re: Mission 7/6

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2026 5:14 pm
by kastmaster
Nicely done!

Re: Mission 7/6

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2026 6:07 pm
by Midnightpass
That’s a nice one Bill… Chubby…
Butch

Re: Mission 7/6

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2026 8:38 pm
by pseudoMoGil
Nice lookin corbina!! Glad the trip was a success!

Re: Mission 7/6

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2026 11:20 am
by Mike A
Nice going, nice fish

Re: Mission 7/6

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2026 11:34 am
by jwacky
Very nice! A fish like that makes you quickly forget about all of the battles with seaweed/grass, haha.

Re: Mission 7/6

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2026 12:25 pm
by professionull
Did you make some taco's with it?

Re: Mission 7/6

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2026 3:59 pm
by Perch killer
professionull wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2026 12:25 pm Did you make some taco's with it?
Nah, I used to harvest a few corbina or croaker each year for the dinner table but not anymore, unless a keeper halibut. There's a story behind it but won't get into that. Now, its CP&R unless I know the fish isn't going to make it, bleeding out, etc.

Re: Mission 7/6

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2026 4:55 pm
by professionull
Perch killer wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2026 3:59 pm
professionull wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2026 12:25 pm Did you make some taco's with it?
Nah, I used to harvest a few corbina or croaker each year for the dinner table but not anymore, unless a keeper halibut. There's a story behind it but won't get into that. Now, its CP&R unless I know the fish isn't going to make it, bleeding out, etc.
You peaked my interest in that but if it's worm or parasite related then no need to explain. Not a big deal anyways since the only croaker I like to eat is white seabass

Re: Mission 7/6

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2026 8:58 pm
by Midnightpass
Perch killer wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2026 3:59 pm
professionull wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2026 12:25 pm Did you make some taco's with it?
Nah, I used to harvest a few corbina or croaker each year for the dinner table but not anymore, unless a keeper halibut. There's a story behind it but won't get into that. Now, its CP&R unless I know the fish isn't going to make

I’m like Bill…. Pretty much a C&R unless the fish is not gonna make it… I’ve taken 1 keeper halibut in the last 20-30 years…. Too much hassle… I’d rather keep on fishing..
Butch