Mission 7/6
- Perch killer
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 378
- Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:36 am
- Location: San Diego
- Has thanked: 258 times
- Been thanked: 400 times
Mission 7/6
Spur of the moment decided to give the mid morning incoming tide a go as a change of pace from doing the real early am lows. On the beach at 9:45 and found a decent hole plus a few crabs. Crabs were small, little fingernail size & smaller, only a few with any roe. Lot of salad too but fishable. No action whatsoever for 45 minutes on the crabs nor on blood worms. Got thinking this might be another hole holding more salad than any fish. But at about 10:30 a crab combo tipped by one with roe, got hammered for a nice 18" corbina. The only real good bite for this session.
- kastmaster
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 281
- Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2026 7:17 pm
- Location: San Diego
- Has thanked: 470 times
- Been thanked: 334 times
- Midnightpass
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 1130
- Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:02 am
- Location: La Mirada
- Has thanked: 827 times
- Been thanked: 640 times
- pseudoMoGil
- Pro Angler
- Posts: 56
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2026 8:24 am
- Location: San Diego
- Has thanked: 237 times
- Been thanked: 93 times
- jwacky
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:19 pm
- Location: San Diego
- Has thanked: 365 times
- Been thanked: 386 times
Re: Mission 7/6
Very nice! A fish like that makes you quickly forget about all of the battles with seaweed/grass, haha.
- professionull
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 210
- Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:17 am
- Location: Poway
- Has thanked: 77 times
- Been thanked: 137 times
- Perch killer
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 378
- Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:36 am
- Location: San Diego
- Has thanked: 258 times
- Been thanked: 400 times
Re: Mission 7/6
Nah, I used to harvest a few corbina or croaker each year for the dinner table but not anymore, unless a keeper halibut. There's a story behind it but won't get into that. Now, its CP&R unless I know the fish isn't going to make it, bleeding out, etc.
- professionull
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 210
- Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:17 am
- Location: Poway
- Has thanked: 77 times
- Been thanked: 137 times
Re: Mission 7/6
You peaked my interest in that but if it's worm or parasite related then no need to explain. Not a big deal anyways since the only croaker I like to eat is white seabassPerch killer wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2026 3:59 pmNah, I used to harvest a few corbina or croaker each year for the dinner table but not anymore, unless a keeper halibut. There's a story behind it but won't get into that. Now, its CP&R unless I know the fish isn't going to make it, bleeding out, etc.
- Midnightpass
- Extreme Angler
- Posts: 1130
- Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:02 am
- Location: La Mirada
- Has thanked: 827 times
- Been thanked: 640 times
Re: Mission 7/6
Perch killer wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2026 3:59 pmNah, I used to harvest a few corbina or croaker each year for the dinner table but not anymore, unless a keeper halibut. There's a story behind it but won't get into that. Now, its CP&R unless I know the fish isn't going to make
I’m like Bill…. Pretty much a C&R unless the fish is not gonna make it… I’ve taken 1 keeper halibut in the last 20-30 years…. Too much hassle… I’d rather keep on fishing..
Butch
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests