July 11 Report

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Post Reply
LMBchaser
Angler
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2026 7:46 am
Location: Laguna Niguel
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 11 times

July 11 Report

Post by LMBchaser »

Fished from 5am to 11:30 today on a rental boat. I was out there looking for a big bite so in fairness to the lake I wasn’t chasing numbers. I threw the Deps 250 for 2.5 hours in the morning on secondary points in starting in Becky and back into Hauser - no takers.

I started throwing the keitech, drop shot, and senko and caught 9 fish all cookie cutters under 2lbs. Most of the bites came off rock and steep faces. Switched back to the Deps at 10am off a wind blown point in the main lake, no takers but had a small school of three, 3-4lbers that followed it on a few casts so that was encouraging.

Switched back the the keitech for the last half hour on the same point and caught 3 more around 1-2lbs.

Fun day all in all and went for broke on the big swim bait!
User avatar
KillinTime
Extreme Angler
Posts: 653
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:06 pm
Has thanked: 607 times
Been thanked: 635 times

Re: July 11 Report

Post by KillinTime »

I give you credit for trying the big bait.
User avatar
JWall
Extreme Angler
Posts: 986
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:24 pm
Has thanked: 3402 times
Been thanked: 1239 times

Re: July 11 Report

Post by JWall »

KillinTime wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2026 5:52 pm I give you credit for trying the big bait.
Ditto!
User avatar
otaymichael
Extreme Angler
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:56 am
Has thanked: 990 times
Been thanked: 554 times

Re: July 11 Report

Post by otaymichael »

LMBchaser wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2026 9:48 pm Fished from 5am to 11:30 today on a rental boat. I was out there looking for a big bite so in fairness to the lake I wasn’t chasing numbers. I threw the Deps 250 for 2.5 hours in the morning on secondary points in starting in Becky and back into Hauser - no takers.

I started throwing the keitech, drop shot, and senko and caught 9 fish all cookie cutters under 2lbs. Most of the bites came off rock and steep faces. Switched back to the Deps at 10am off a wind blown point in the main lake, no takers but had a small school of three, 3-4lbers that followed it on a few casts so that was encouraging.

Switched back the the keitech for the last half hour on the same point and caught 3 more around 1-2lbs.

Fun day all in all and went for broke on the big swim bait!
BIG BAITS... it's not if, it's when? 8-)
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest