El Cap Bluegill

Bluegill, crappie, redear sunfish and other panfish.
Post Reply
User avatar
Str8t Slabaronies
Pro Angler
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:56 am
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 197 times

El Cap Bluegill

Post by Str8t Slabaronies »

Been a minute since Ive done a report. I'm still fishing almost every week.

Been out to El Cap for the most part of the last 2 months. I've made the commitment to pound the shoreline more this year and it's been fun.

The once Great crappie lake has flipped over to being a Great Bluegill lake.

I've watched the transition over the years. Just less and less crappies being caught and more and more bluegills.

I'm sure there is still some crappies there but locating them is difficult especially from shore.

Anyways Bluegills.

My son and I have been hitting it together.
20260620_085045 (1).jpg

He has become quite the fisherman. Catching more than myself on some days.

20260620_105619 (1).jpg

Nice colors to them

20260620_105826 (2).jpg

These are some slabs. Talk about a fight on 4lb test. These fish do not want to come in.

20260620_125200.jpg

These are for the Friday Night Fish Fry!

20260621_125134.jpg

There are 2 bald eagles out there on most days. Watching them do their thing is pretty sweet as well.

20260620_090649 (1).jpg

We are back out 1st thing in the morning.

Tight Lines!
User avatar
KillinTime
Extreme Angler
Posts: 653
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:06 pm
Has thanked: 607 times
Been thanked: 635 times

Re: El Cap Bluegill

Post by KillinTime »

You guys roped them! Nice job. That spot has a bunch on nice one in it.
Happy Friday!
User avatar
Midnightpass
Extreme Angler
Posts: 1130
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:02 am
Location: La Mirada
Has thanked: 827 times
Been thanked: 639 times

Re: El Cap Bluegill

Post by Midnightpass »

Good eats..Nice going Pops And Son…
Butch
User avatar
kastmaster
Extreme Angler
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2026 7:17 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 470 times
Been thanked: 334 times

Re: El Cap Bluegill

Post by kastmaster »

Nicely done on the fish and the passing down knowledge of the craft to the next generation
User avatar
Str8t Slabaronies
Pro Angler
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:56 am
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 197 times

Re: El Cap Bluegill

Post by Str8t Slabaronies »

Went back again on Saturday. Had another good day out there.

This time around I caught an absolute BULLGILL!

I have to use 4lb test for my slip floats. Any larger lines does not go thru the bobber as well on longer casts.

The 1st fish of the day broke me off. The 5th offering broke me off. The 8th bite broke me off.

The last fish of the day while I was packing up. This time I played it cool and let him do his thing for about 2 minutes. Finally got tired and I was able to drag him on shore.

20260627_113344.jpg
20260627_113315.jpg

Might be a while before I make it back here again. I've enjoyed the past couple of months tho!

Tight Lines!
Stringbean
Mega Pro Angler
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:36 pm
Has thanked: 416 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: El Cap Bluegill

Post by Stringbean »

Roy,
Very nice, lots of good eats there.
Take care, thx for sharing
Put’em in the cooler!!!!
Stringbean
Mega Pro Angler
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:36 pm
Has thanked: 416 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: El Cap Bluegill

Post by Stringbean »

Yes Roy,
San vee steady biting in 15-20 ft.
There were bluegill spawning on the launch ramp.
Water is low
Put’em in the cooler!!!!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest