Fathers Day at Big B

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Post Reply
TATomlinson
Angler
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:16 pm
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Fathers Day at Big B

Post by TATomlinson »

For the past several years, my son and I have hit up Barrett on Father’s Day. Last year was the most epic day of fishing in my life. I never believed the guys who would talk about catching 100 or more bass at Barrett. I have had many great days there, but never came near the 100 mark. Last year, it happened. Honestly, it’s not realistic to expect those numbers so, I calibrated my expectations for this year.

Consistent with reports, Big B did not fish like last year but that did not in any way diminish the experience. My son and I both caught more than 20 - I am guessing somewhere around 60. We weren’t counting, we were simply in the moment at one of the great fisheries in California.

In terms of a report, we tried to generate a top water bite early but that didn’t pan out. I quickly switched to a fluke and it was on. I fished the fluke until the wind made casting the fluke a bit difficult. After that, I threw a BFS chatterbait and got bit consistently. There was a senko bite but we tried to avoid it.
TommyP
Mega Pro Angler
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:10 am
Location: Sorrento Mesa, CA
Been thanked: 266 times

Re: Fathers Day at Big B

Post by TommyP »

Maybe there are "other" baits besides senkos......luv it.

TommyP
User avatar
Pourboy
Extreme Angler
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:20 pm
Has thanked: 1365 times
Been thanked: 1022 times

Re: Fathers Day at Big B

Post by Pourboy »

Great to hear that the bite is picking up! Thanks for the report!
Cheers!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest