6/20-Murray, Me and McFish?

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
KillinTime
Extreme Angler

Re: 6/20-Murray, Me and McFish?

Post by KillinTime »

NIce job to both of you on those nice looking chunks.

I know Murray is the end of the line for SD Water. So why such a big fluctuation in water level latey?
Thanks!
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

KillinTime wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:37 pm NIce job to both of you on those nice looking chunks.

I know Murray is the end of the line for SD Water. So why such a big fluctuation in water level latey?
Thanks!
I heard it second hand about the water was going to be lowered for the 4th of July firework show and then also heard
they will be working on a few things while the water is very low.
Actually I just found this from the City of San Diego Website

Murray Reservoir
In coordination with the State Division of Safety of Dams, the water level at Murray Dam has been restricted to 90 feet. Following the Fourth of July fireworks show that occurs over Murray Reservoir, the State Division of Drinking Water requires the City to conduct water quality testing before using any of the water in Murray for drinking water. During this testing period, water from El Capitan or San Vicente reservoirs will be sent to the Alvarado Water Treatment Plant to supply residents with drinking water. As a part of the normal operations of the treatment plant, filter backflows will increase the reservoir level between 3 to 6 inches daily​ during this period. To ensure that the water level does not exceed the 90-foot limit during this testing period when the water from Murray is not being used, the water level is being preemptively lowered to 80 feet, ahead of the Fourth of July fireworks. Between 80 and 86 feet, the private boat launch ramp is unavailable. Additionally, shoreline access to the water will be unavailable due to unsafe, muddy conditions. We anticipate the water level will return to 86 feet in early August.
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Post by Mcfish »

We need a few more clowns in the state to determine what level the lakes should be at......
RamonaAngler
Angler

Post by RamonaAngler »

Mcfish wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:20 am
RamonaAngler wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:26 am
Mcfish wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:02 pm 20230620_090520.jpg20230620_070253.jpg20230620_065205.jpg
So I take it you didn't go to San V on Monday, since you were at Murray on Tuesday? I looked for you out there on Monday.
Caught a nice one on the frog and couple of dinks.
I'll be back out there this Monday. Hope to see you.
What??? I got some bad info from KUSI on Sunday...they said the City Lakes were all going to be closed on the holiday, and they continued to say that all day Monday. I see a lawsuit in their future..or I'll send Vinny and his "little friends" to pay them a little visit! Good to see you got on the fish, was anybody else there?
Yes, it was open on Monday. About 8 boats when I arrived at 0545. About 15-20 when I left at 12:30. I left home not even knowing it was a holiday. LOL!
KillinTime
Extreme Angler

Post by KillinTime »

VinnyBass wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:37 pm
KillinTime wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:37 pm NIce job to both of you on those nice looking chunks.

Thanks!
I heard it second hand about the water was going to be lowered for the 4th of July firework show and then also heard
they will be working on a few things while the water is very low.
Actually I just found this from the City of San Diego Website

Murray Reservoir
In coordination with the State Division of Safety of Dams, the water level at Murray Dam has been restricted to 90 feet. Following the Fourth of July fireworks show that occurs over Murray Reservoir, the State Division of Drinking Water requires the City to conduct water quality testing before using any of the water in Murray for drinking water. During this testing period, water from El Capitan or San Vicente reservoirs will be sent to the Alvarado Water Treatment Plant to supply residents with drinking water. As a part of the normal operations of the treatment plant, filter backflows will increase the reservoir level between 3 to 6 inches daily​ during this period. To ensure that the water level does not exceed the 90-foot limit during this testing period when the water from Murray is not being used, the water level is being preemptively lowered to 80 feet, ahead of the Fourth of July fireworks. Between 80 and 86 feet, the private boat launch ramp is unavailable. Additionally, shoreline access to the water will be unavailable due to unsafe, muddy conditions. We anticipate the water level will return to 86 feet in early August.
With Murray, Hodges and El Cap (and most likely more), I guess they have never heard the old saying "Work Smart, Not Hard"???
Thanks for the info and consistent reports=)