Finally it is time…

Discuss rods, reels, lures, terminal tackle, line and fishing related accessories or apparel.
Just_Bass
Angler

Finally it is time…

Post by Just_Bass »

Haven’t been fish much for the past year or so while giving all my time to golf. Finally time to get back to my favorite hobby. First off got a new reel to start for next season Daiwa Salamandura SV 70 (just for the heck of color). Then time to clean all the reels. I don’t deep clean the reels any more just oil spool bearing, degrease and grease main gear and worm gear. I don’t clean frame or other bearing unless it needs replacement just a little bit of grease touch up. Still each reel take me 30 mins so I clean only 2 at time.
Two mores to go and didn’t even plan for 4 of my spinning reel 😩😩😩😩
Attachments
IMG_3302.jpeg
IMG_3318.jpeg
IMG_3319.jpeg
old_rookie
Angler

Re: Finally it is time…

Post by old_rookie »

Looks like I'm not the only one that fishes and golfs - sometimes (not often) both in the same weekend.
Just_Bass
Angler

Post by Just_Bass »

old_rookie wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:42 pm Looks like I'm not the only one that fishes and golfs - sometimes (not often) both in the same weekend.
Nice but I think I’m gonna lay back on golf. My wife started complaining about me having a round of golf every week lol. When I first started golfing I even fish a few hours after 18 holes. Until it hurts my wrist and shoulder and that make fishing just for unwind thing after practice section.
OOlicon
Pro Angler

Post by OOlicon »

Interesting, and ambi cranker, not to be confused with an ambi turner.
Carpkiller
Extreme Angler

Post by Carpkiller »

Meh.
So it's red. I have too many reels already.
But the Salamandura is now in my logarithm...and is in front of me every time I'm online....so I click...just looking, I tell myself.
Okay, fine, it has Corrosion Resistent Ball Bearings which my SV TW 70 does not.
Couple days later...worked a few extra hours on my last pay period...jingle jingle....there it is on the screen again. . Just loo...
Wait, what? Under $150 with shipping? TAKE MY MONEY.

So here's a picture of MY Salamandura....
ALI.JPG
I'll pretend my tube's not sinking
'Cause I'm the king of wishful thinking....
Just_Bass
Angler

Post by Just_Bass »

Carpkiller wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:24 pm Meh.
So it's red. I have too many reels already.
But the Salamandura is now in my logarithm...and is in front of me every time I'm online....so I click...just looking, I tell myself.
Okay, fine, it has Corrosion Resistent Ball Bearings which my SV TW 70 does not.
Couple days later...worked a few extra hours on my last pay period...jingle jingle....there it is on the screen again. . Just loo...
Wait, what? Under $150 with shipping? TAKE MY MONEY.

So here's a picture of MY Salamandura....

ALI.JPG
Nice 150 same as SV 70 plus drag click sound like all other higher end these days. If you want Tatula to have drag click sound, I’m selling the kit for it(thought it would fit my alphas sv tw but not)
CorsoEnthusiast
Extreme Angler

Post by CorsoEnthusiast »

Just_Bass wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:39 pm Haven’t been fish much for the past year or so while giving all my time to golf. Finally time to get back to my favorite hobby. First off got a new reel to start for next season Daiwa Salamandura SV 70 (just for the heck of color). Then time to clean all the reels. I don’t deep clean the reels any more just oil spool bearing, degrease and grease main gear and worm gear. I don’t clean frame or other bearing unless it needs replacement just a little bit of grease touch up. Still each reel take me 30 mins so I clean only 2 at time.
Frame on the Salamandura looks similar or same as the Alphas?

This is my 70 size reel..
AF7807F5-F554-4848-A84A-8AE7AD1F2485.jpeg
A94B16B5-5CB6-4254-B355-40AA7718E0C3.jpeg
E0C5F6E3-9B00-49A9-89AD-D17A02A47E99.jpeg
AAE2F2D2-F258-455B-92E3-CC6567A315EB.jpeg
23C8181B-FFEB-4441-A1F2-C4FC77D07259.jpeg
Just_Bass
Angler

Post by Just_Bass »

CorsoEnthusiast wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:25 pm
Just_Bass wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:39 pm Haven’t been fish much for the past year or so while giving all my time to golf. Finally time to get back to my favorite hobby. First off got a new reel to start for next season Daiwa Salamandura SV 70 (just for the heck of color). Then time to clean all the reels. I don’t deep clean the reels any more just oil spool bearing, degrease and grease main gear and worm gear. I don’t clean frame or other bearing unless it needs replacement just a little bit of grease touch up. Still each reel take me 30 mins so I clean only 2 at time.
Frame on the Salamandura looks similar or same as the Alphas?
Yes very similar with alphas. It is actually the same reel as Tatula SV 70 just different color and add drag sound. Alphas use free floating spool while Tatula/salamandura’s spool have shaft.
Attachments
IMG_3431.jpeg
OOlicon
Pro Angler

Post by OOlicon »

Hold the phone, CK took the dive on some enthusiast tackle and not from a thrift store. My worldly foundations have been rocked. Next will be Lawman eating Spotted bass Sashimi.
Carpkiller
Extreme Angler

Post by Carpkiller »

OOlicon wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:40 pm Hold the phone, CK took the dive on some enthusiast tackle and not from a thrift store. My worldly foundations have been rocked. Next will be Lawman eating Spotted bass Sashimi.
Well, technically, AliExpress is the thrift store of the interwebs.....
I'll pretend my tube's not sinking
'Cause I'm the king of wishful thinking....