Barrett report September 20th

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Early release
Extreme Angler

Barrett report September 20th

Post by Early release »

Hi all,

Not a lot to report today. Got out at about 0600, water was colder yet, 72.1F. Slight wind from North in early hours. Played around in main lake on way to Hauser, 4 fish by 0630 all on the black popper. Next fish came in Hauser on the jerkbait, 2 more bass and 2 large bluegills. Bass were on the smaller side also for me. Big bass was only 2 lbs, 2 ozs. By 0730 I was done catching fish. Tried everything in the tackle box until 1100 and had to head in. Around 1030, wind started to pick up, but it calmed down and the water was almost glassy smooth by 1200 when I left. Talked with a couple people and not much action at all for anyone, I talked to.

The few fish busting were also non-cooperative for me. I actually found myself in the middle of a bust and usually you can throw anything and get a fish. I was throwing my trusty Rapala and still got nobody to commit. Coming in the water warmed to 75.1 F. I don't know if that's affecting things. Nature moment of the day was to see a bald eagle. Don't see many of those here. He wasn't catching anything either.

Good luck out there and tight lines
otaymichael
Mega Pro Angler

Re: Barrett report September 20th

Post by otaymichael »

Great report, bite is getting tougher by the week.
619bassin
Pro Angler

Post by 619bassin »

Similar to your report Dave, I did get 4.7lb on a jig and 3.2 on flukes. Ended with 7 bass, cooler weather definitely effect the bite.
Attachments
IMG_3870.jpeg
IMG_3878.jpeg
Jrafael21
Angler

Post by Jrafael21 »

I was there. We did pretty good. 50 fish between two kayakers.
Lots of solid 3 lb fish. Biggest for me would be a 5 lber followed by a 4.
A Rig and glide bait.
The bite has picked up for me since last time I was there.