Tube n00b… recommendations!

Float tubes are a convenient and affordable way to get on the water, and finally get to those fish that you can't reach from shore. Discuss float tubes, outfitting float tubes for fishing, and float tube fishing.
CorsoEnthusiast
Extreme Angler

Tube n00b… recommendations!

Post by CorsoEnthusiast »

So, as I sold my Kayak back in April and getting into boat world is gonna take longer than I expected, so… I am embracing the tube..

I’m ordering an Outcast Prowler tube since everything I’ve read suggests it’s the most fat guy friendly tube you can get.

I have a PFD from the kayak days still. I know I’ll need some fins.

Outside of that, what do I need to get on the water? Do most guys wear just swim trunks in the summer when it’s hot or are there “summer waders”?

Anything else critical I need to have?

Is a drill paddle something most guys carry or a luxury?

Excited to get back out on the water… when it’s 100 out, shore fishing is just not great except in the early morning and late evening. Being able to access deeper water will be a huge win.

Thanks in advance!
Neuroshima
Mega Pro Angler

Re: Tube n00b… recommendations!

Post by Neuroshima »

I just wear swim trunks in the summer.

Having good fins (Forcefins) will increase your time on the water and reduce foot cramps.

Never tried a drill paddle, but I've never been in a spot where I needed to travel long distances.

Some additional tips: viewtopic.php?t=38
CorsoEnthusiast
Extreme Angler

Re: Tube n00b… recommendations!

Post by CorsoEnthusiast »

Didn’t think about it but if water contact isn’t allowed then waders are likely a must - will be just freshwater for me. assuming they
make something for summer that isn’t gonna be super hot?