Big bay, Coronado and Cays

Float tubes are a convenient and affordable way to get on the water, and finally get to those fish that you can't reach from shore. Discuss float tubes, outfitting float tubes for fishing, and float tube fishing.
Carpkiller
Extreme Angler

Big bay, Coronado and Cays

Post by Carpkiller »

Fished Coronado early Friday morning....11 SBB and a micro halibut.
Anchored up in a shallowish spot and tried my hand at working plastics on the bottom....with a foot-and-a-half chop when the wind picked up.

Didn't work. What's weird is that I get seasick like a woodchipper when I get on a boat, but bobbing up and down in a float tube, even with the added jolts from being anchored, doesn't bother me at all.

Saturday, tried the sunset bite at the Cays (I didn't like that tide but storm coming Sunday, so what the heck). Got a few spotties and got lit up by small corvina.
230819_corbina_cays[1].jpg
Next Friday, there's a really weird tide...coming in slowly all day to a high around dinnertime. I getting some definite pear-shaped* ideas about a one way tide ride.....

*Pear-shaped in a good way #WCFields.....
I'll pretend my tube's not sinking
'Cause I'm the king of wishful thinking....
Midnightpass
Extreme Angler

Re: Big bay, Coronado and Cays

Post by Midnightpass »

Carpkiller wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:18 pm What's weird is that I get seasick like a woodchipper when I get on a boat, but bobbing up and down in a float tube, even with the added jolts from being anchored, doesn't bother me at all.

I had a buddy in high school, that I took SCUBA lessens with, and we also dove together.... He couldn't snorkel in any kind of up and down water without upchucking... The fool joined the Navy after graduation.... I lost touch with him, so I don't know how that worked out... :mrgreen: ;) ...
Butch