Lake Murray

Bluegill, crappie, redear sunfish and other panfish.
kirkboat
Angler

Lake Murray

Post by kirkboat »

Water level is still low and made launching a little tough. Fishing was tougher. Fished a lot of different depths and flies to catch 2 blue gill. Probable 2 weeks away from being able to use launch ramp.
kirkboat
Angler

Re: Lake Murray

Post by kirkboat »

Website shows water gauge levels at Murray as ramp operational. 7/24 Can anyone verify that?
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

kirkboat wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:06 pm Website shows water gauge levels at Murray as ramp operational. 7/24 Can anyone verify that?
I launched my kayak last Friday there and the bottom of the cement part of the ramp was just under water and I had no problem pulling my kayak just over the rocks on the other side and not scraping anything. This morning the water level was up more and should be easy to launch a kayak but no way to launch a boat yet.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

kirkboat wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:50 pm Water level is still low and made launching a little tough. Fishing was tougher. Fished a lot of different depths and flies to catch 2 blue gill. Probable 2 weeks away from being able to use launch ramp.
Hey just a heads up that there are some suspended Crappie hovering in the 15-20 feet of water probably eating filling up on shad or silversides. I picked up a couple on an underspin and a spoon recently by accident. This morning the water was stirring strangely out near the buoy line towards the far shoreline and I tossed a small jerk bait and was surprised to pick up this one. Good luck to you and if I ever run into any spots I will let you know...but with the water still rising I think a lot are suspended. Tight lines
IMG_6889.jpg
kirkboat
Angler

Post by kirkboat »

See ya out there soon