San Gabriel Mts/ South Fork trout fishing( video)

Trout fishing in the local lakes and streams.
BassHound905
Angler

San Gabriel Mts/ South Fork trout fishing( video)

Post by BassHound905 »

San Gabriel Mountains South Fork Trout action( video). With all the recent rains this year, this area should be prime for a fall trip and its only around 2 hours away Off I-210. Back when I did this trip, I managed 5 or 6 in a few hour session all on Berkely Power worms. It would also make for a nice Tekara stream for you fly lovers.
Midnightpass
Extreme Angler

Re: San Gabriel Mts/ South Fork trout fishing( video)

Post by Midnightpass »

I love fishing the upper San Gabriel River... Unfortunately (Years ago) I tore my ACL rock-hopping up there, while fly fishing with my Grandson... So no more rock-hopping for me... But I really enjoyed it while I did it... Thanks for the video...
Butch
bendopolo 44+
Mega Pro Angler

Post by bendopolo 44+ »

I once was up on the South Fork in January. The dew was frozen, and there was a thin sheet of ice along the shoreline. Made a little misstep and slid off a rock and dunked my foot into 18 inches of water. I didn’t quite land in a stable position and my leg slid out dunking my whole right side. I tried to turn over to get in a better position and slid all the way in the water. At first a comedy of errors. It was cold, really cold, and kinda windy. I started to chill and was at least a mile up the road from my truck. I took off on a quick paced jog, back down the road, teeth chattering and body shivering. I made it to my Truck and got inside. It took 3-4 minutes for the heater to kick in. Oh man. I thought I was gonna freeze. All for those pretty little trout that jump 3 feet out of the water.
DarkShadow
Mega Pro Angler

Post by DarkShadow »

Nice vid! I think that's the West Fork tho. I don't think there's a South Fork, unless you call the tailwater out of Morris Dam the South Fork, i guess.