Page 1 of 1

Doheny surf fishing?

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2026 6:40 am
by Mike M
This may be a longshot, but has anyone been to Doheny State Beach recently? I'll be there mid-day this Monday, 10/12.

My biggest question... is the beach still there after the recent large waves?

Next question, has anyone caught or seen sand crabs there?

Re: Doheny surf fishing?

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2026 9:06 am
by Midnightpass
Mike, I can't help with the Doheny questions, but aren't we supposed to get rain and a swell from Rachel on Monday?... Be careful, Doheny floods sometimes...
Butch

Re: Doheny surf fishing?

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2026 1:29 pm
by Mike M
Oh man, thank you for that, Butch. Maybe I should update the post to good places to eat instead :)

My son has a 1 day event in San Juan Capistrano and I asked if I could drive with him and then spend the day doing whatever.