Page 1 of 1

Is fishing that bad?

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 2:41 pm
by hrierdan
I haven't seen many posts lately.

Does this mean that everyone is having as much trouble catching fish as I am? Or are fewer people posting. I would love to see somebody catch a fish. I have forgotten what it's like 8-) :lol:

Doug

Re: Is fishing that bad?

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 7:54 pm
by Andrew_WOT
Didn't see anything on TP last Saturday evening, only beds with micro crabs not suitable for fishing, quite a few people were trying, didn't see anybody catching, except one guy landed leopard shark. For me, not even a nibble on C-Rig.
Gorgeous red sunset though, was totally worth it. :)

Re: Is fishing that bad?

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 8:23 pm
by Nelson 1
I have been fishing for Bonito in Mission Bay. They are all around . I was tired of getting skunk. Or just catching little fish.

Re: Is fishing that bad?

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 10:01 pm
by UncleJose
Hit up TP on Sunday with one lousy nibble and that was about it. This summer has been tough for me as well with not much catching.

Re: Is fishing that bad?

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 10:25 pm
by Perch killer
Well, overall yes, a bad summer. But I won't complain, got a few good ones mixed in with a lot of skunks as well. Probably will get back out as soon as conditions calm down from the recent storm swells. Hoping for a better Fall.

Re: Is fishing that bad?

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 9:14 am
by jwacky
Its been a few weeks since I've been out but it's been a summer full of perch for me. Once I accepted that sand crabs weren't coming this year I switched to mussels and they've been getting lots of bites. Caught a handful of corbina and croaker early in the summer but nothing since. Just perch.

The storms have kinda kept me away. My window each week is usually early Saturday or Sunday, but that really hasn't been lining up well with regards to conditions so instead of fighting it, I've just played golf those mornings intead.

Re: Is fishing that bad?

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 2:16 pm
by DarkShadow
Guess all the fish moved north.

I still think it's beginner's luck, but the water up here has been productive.