Page 1 of 1
One of Barrett’s finest.
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 6:05 am
by Big C
Those of you that have been fishing the big B for awhile probably know that Max is one of the best anglers on the lake. I’ve been fishing with Max about eight years now and it’s been a lot of fun. Yesterday we got 72 including a 5 pounder for Max. We got them on a variety of baits as the man is quite versatile. As usual we had a lot of laughs and bass fishing lingo. Here’s a few pics from over the years.
Re: One of Barrett’s finest.
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:16 am
by VinnyBass
Very nice report Big C!
Max is one heck of a good bass fisherman and you no doubt got to experience it over the years of fishing together with him. The bass are out there, but sometimes it takes that little extra knowledge to be able to always entice them even when they are being finicky. Always fun to find a great fishing partner and thanks for sharing and Tight lines to both of you.

Re: One of Barrett’s finest.
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:42 am
by MaxZmus
The weather wasn’t too hot and the light breeze made it comfortable. It’s always a blast and never a dull moment being in the water with Big C. Thank again for securing a boat for the closer. Hopefully the fish will put on a little more weight by next May.
Re: One of Barrett’s finest.
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 12:14 pm
by Spektrum
Yall were slaying them out there just inside Pine, was a great day!
I’ll be sure to ask Don Barrett next time I see him if the story about the trout worms is true haha
Re: One of Barrett’s finest.
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 3:16 pm
by JWall
Great job guys!!
Re: One of Barrett’s finest.
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 4:30 pm
by MaxZmus
Spektrum wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 12:14 pm
Yall were slaying them out there just inside Pine, was a great day!
I’ll be sure to ask Don Barrett next time I see him if the story about the trout worms is true haha
Nice to see you’re on this board. I hope I run into Don at the Marina. I’ll definitely be asking about the trout worm story.