Page 1 of 1

Not SD, but...

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 5:17 pm
by tomnilll
Went to new water for me today and will likely be first and last trip to Lake Skinner. Not bad really, just lots of walking(not easy like Hodges) and too hot. But I did land 10 and lost a few and the most remarkable was a 12 inch 3 lb fish that must have eaten a frog (I squeezed arounf a bit and it felt like a frog) Anyway, here are a few samples...
20260926_094032.jpg
This is the frog eater...although I did stick with my frog for quite a while and never got a bite.
I have to add that I got there in plenty of time for a topwater bite, but spent all of that time waiting in line to get in...a tourney I guess...a few more pics and I'll shut up...
20260926_112630.jpg
20260926_094355.jpg
20260926_075236.jpg

Re: Not SD, but...

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:27 pm
by MaxZmus
That place is a gem. There’s a reason why Working Class Zero spends a lot of his time there and he definitely pulls donkeys out of there.

Re: Not SD, but...

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:32 pm
by JWall
Way to pound that shoreline tomnilll!!

Re: Not SD, but...

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:45 pm
by tomnilll
JWall wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:32 pm Way to pound that shoreline tomnilll!!
Seems to me that fishing there from a boat would be like cheating...too easy. May as well try the tank at bassproshops...

#shorepounderforlife

Re: Not SD, but...

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:29 pm
by Kenroe
If you caught a nice bunch of fish, why not go back?
Look great to me.

Re: Not SD, but...

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:02 am
by tomnilll
Kenroe wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:29 pm If you caught a nice bunch of fish, why not go back?
Look great to me.
Good point, but it was a hard 5 miles of walking to catch them...maybe I was still pissed about the 1 hr line and it was pretty hot too...perhaps I should reconsider? Thanks.

Re: Not SD, but...

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:04 am
by Mark_Nilsen
tomnilll wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:02 am
Kenroe wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:29 pm If you caught a nice bunch of fish, why not go back?
Look great to me.
Good point, but it was a hard 5 miles of walking to catch them...maybe I was still pissed about the 1 hr line and it was pretty hot too...perhaps I should reconsider? Thanks.
Hi @tomnilll. Is it common for people to fish here from personal kayaks?

Re: Not SD, but...

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:28 am
by tomnilll
Mark_Nilsen wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:04 am
tomnilll wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:02 am
Kenroe wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:29 pm If you caught a nice bunch of fish, why not go back?
Look great to me.
Good point, but it was a hard 5 miles of walking to catch them...maybe I was still pissed about the 1 hr line and it was pretty hot too...perhaps I should reconsider? Thanks.
Hi @tomnilll. Is it common for people to fish here from personal kayaks?
I did not see anything except bass boats, but the have a separate ramp for personal powered vehicles...

Re: Not SD, but...

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:31 pm
by JWall
tomnilll wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:28 am
Mark_Nilsen wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:04 am
tomnilll wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:02 am
Kenroe wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:29 pm If you caught a nice bunch of fish, why not go back?
Look great to me.
Good point, but it was a hard 5 miles of walking to catch them...maybe I was still pissed about the 1 hr line and it was pretty hot too...perhaps I should reconsider? Thanks.
Hi @tomnilll. Is it common for people to fish here from personal kayaks?
I did not see anything except bass boats, but the have a separate ramp for personal powered vehicles...
Christmas is around the corner! 🤔