Page 1 of 1

EC 8/18

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2026 8:05 am
by Dfishin
Haven't posted in a while, so decided I should contribute. Fishing has been good for me in the back of the lake. The water is shallow and loaded with shad and bass. Depending on the time off day they will be next to shore then move out as it warms up. DS, Fluke, senko and jerk bait. I also have been hitting up the bubbler. They are getting hammered by fisherman. I don't blame them as there are tons of fish there. This last trip I just went to the bubbler, same baits as last time work. With the small underspin (Pourboy special) Small straight tail bait, I could get them when not busting.
For OtayMichael I used FFS to find the groups of fish and what depth to fish. Landed 34 and 3 more not on the bubbler.

Re: EC 8/18

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2026 8:33 am
by VinnyBass
Great job out there!
Tight lines always and thanks for sharing. :-)

Re: EC 8/18

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2026 7:45 am
by Moose
Sounds like a great day.

Im curious, what is the depth back in the North end now that the lake is so low. I know when I could still put my boat in it was only 4-10ft back there.

Re: EC 8/18

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2026 8:13 am
by Dfishin
When you round the bend it hovers around 18'. Conejos is no more. then when you head back it is a flat area gets that is around 5' I don't go any farther. The east side you can find deeper water. Boats have no problem, people manage to launch smaller boats off trailers there. You need 4wd. I have not seen any full on bass boats.
In the pic conejos shore is point to point and very shallow. What is 5' now use to 30 plus

Re: EC 8/18

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2026 2:10 pm
by KillinTime
Great info... thanks!

Re: EC 8/18

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2026 9:36 pm
by Dannicus
Nice Dave, thanks for the report

Re: EC 8/18

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2026 9:51 pm
by otaymichael
Coolskees, congrats! And thanks for the FFS portion of the report too.

Re: EC 8/18

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2026 7:03 am
by Moose
Dfishin wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2026 8:13 amWhat is 5' now use to 30 plus
Its insane to remember back when the rock pile in Bolder Bay is 40ft deep when the lake is full.