Page 1 of 1
Time to call it quits.
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 1:38 pm
by Fishbreath
I have spent a lifetime fishing, but since I turned eighty a few years back, I now have so many afflictions that I have to admit the truth. I can no longer safely pursue my life-long passion. I suppose if you added up the hours, I spent the most time bass fishing. But my roots are in panfishing and I gravitated back there in recent years. It is fun and less physically demanding. I enjoyed it all and have included some representative pictures.
Re: Time to call it quits.
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 2:40 pm
by foulhook
Nice fishing, you left some great fishing reports on the old SD Fishing site, sorry you won't be fishing anymore
Re: Time to call it quits.
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 7:55 pm
by kastmaster
Good memories there!
Re: Time to call it quits.
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2026 10:40 am
by Moose
Very sorry to hear you will no longer be able to pursue your passion. At least you have a lifetime of memories to look back on.
Re: Time to call it quits.
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2026 11:21 am
by VinnyBass
I will always remember when I joined the old Sdfish and you were the very first person that sent me a message welcoming me to the site. That was really special. I always loved Clint Eastwood and his movies and when I saw your icon, I knew you were a great guy from day one. Thank for sharing so many posts and of your fishing adventures with all of us and your comments.
You no doubt have a lifetime of fishing memories that many of us wish we could have.
Thank you and Best Wishes always

Vinny
Re: Time to call it quits.
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2026 5:47 pm
by Stringbean
Larry,
On my trips chasing the monster bluegill, your always with me.
I say ,what would Larry do, should I go explore a new honey hole.or fish Larry’s spot.
It was always a pleasure to see you on the water, and talk about our love for fishing.
If that ramp gets any longer at San vee, it mite just kill me.
I’m sorry you’ve decided to call it quits, but I do understand.
Thank you, for the time spend on the water.
Chuck
Re: Time to call it quits.
Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2026 2:02 pm
by StinkyPinky23
Sad to hear that the body can’t keep up with the passion anymore. Will always remember your Vail reports and the annual birthday acknowledgement. That was always nice to see, especially when sometimes most of that day can go by without hearing from anyone. You will be missed by all but the fish
Re: Time to call it quits.
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2026 12:18 pm
by Gatorfan
Always enjoyed your reports and interacting with you on the old site Larry!
Re: Time to call it quits.
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2026 11:49 am
by Fisheromen
Your name came up just last week while discussing Vail with a friend! Fitting that I was floating when your name came up! All of our days are numbered! Thanks for sharing your many adventures with us!
Re: Time to call it quits.
Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2026 2:05 pm
by monstahfish
Hi Larry,
I'm so sorry you've had to call it quits, but am glad to see all those memories shared and the friends you've made along the way. I no longer have a boat to try, and don't want to pry, but could you still get on the water with others help? At my old fishing club in Boston, we used to take turns making sure our old timers could get out after they had to sell their boats. I'm 42 and hopefully it will be a long while, but I know that day is coming where I won't be able to jump in the kayak anymore and will have to get a boat or find another way.
Re: Time to call it quits.
Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2026 11:45 am
by otaymichael

God bless your retirement buddy. Ciao.
Re: Time to call it quits.
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2026 10:18 am
by Str8t Slabaronies
Hey Larry. Thanks for all the tips you have provided over the years. Especially early on at Hodges. You put Maurice and I on many good bites. I have always appreciated you! Take Care Buddy!