Page 1 of 1

SD Bay - Jul 6

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2026 6:47 pm
by fglover
Started fishing around 12 and ended around 4:30. Day started off super slow with no bites, tried nearly everything and eventually just tied a dropshot. It immediately got slammed and it was the biggest fish I'd ever had here (I'm new to the socal fishing scene, coming from rural Indiana bass fishing). Sadly when I got her to the shore she dove into the rocks. I panicked, forgot my fundamentals, and broke off..

Still, had to break the skunk and got a smaller guy. Still a PB with how new I am to fishing here. Looking forward to more!

Re: SD Bay - Jul 6

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2026 7:25 pm
by galen
Nice going. A new pb can’t be far away.

Re: SD Bay - Jul 6

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2026 8:25 pm
by Spektrum
You fished about the worst time of the day. Get out there at sunrise and it’s a whole different experience.

Re: SD Bay - Jul 6

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2026 8:08 am
by Midnightpass
Congrats on the PB.. More and larger to come, I'm sure...
Butch