Page 1 of 1

Otay 6/17

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2026 7:29 pm
by Dannicus
Pretty nice morning at Otay today. There was heavy cloud cover when I got there early. A few were busting here and there, but I couldn't entice a top water bite, so I switched over to a Megabass Karachi to go sub surface and wham-o.

Final count was 7. Mostly chunky clones, but good fights on my BFS gear. The clouds (or marine layer, or whatever you call it) burned off at about 9am, and I couldn't find another bite. Tried jigs, worms, cranks, and Ned's, but nada. Sometimes that bite window just seems to close eh?

Still a nice morning on a quite empty lake.
IMG_20260617_070037103_HDR_AE.jpg
IMG_20260617_065220240_HDR_AE.jpg
IMG_20260617_064610133_HDR_AE.jpg

Re: Otay 6/17

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2026 7:54 pm
by robert_smith
That’s awesome Dan but no topwater bummer good job on Karashi empty lake sure is sweet I need to get over there now no boats just waiting for that topwater to start some kids at cap I overheard were saying some big fish at otay biting 6lber all the time kids crack me up lol

Re: Otay 6/17

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2026 4:09 pm
by JWall
The launch ramp is out of the water there too?

Re: Otay 6/17

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2026 12:13 pm
by sammy j
Tackle Warehouse has the Ti100 on sale 100 dollars off. Check it out.
Regards Sam

Re: Otay 6/17

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2026 12:45 pm
by KillinTime
If that ramp stays high and dry, Otay should start firing big time. That water level could come up quick, at the sacrifice of Barrett if they want. The management of SD lakes is gaslighting, make me think I live in the twilight zone!

Way to be out there living your best life Dan! Keep it up=D

Re: Otay 6/17

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2026 8:24 am
by Dannicus
JWall wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2026 4:09 pm The launch ramp is out of the water there too?
Yep

Re: Otay 6/17

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2026 10:01 am
by JWall
Dannicus wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2026 8:24 am
JWall wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2026 4:09 pm The launch ramp is out of the water there too?
Yep
Mind boggling.