New to Fishing/San Diego

This forum enables boaters and non-boaters to connect for upcoming fishing trips.
fishingisfun
Angler

New to Fishing/San Diego

Post by fishingisfun »

Hi,

I am new to San Diego and I used to fish back home but mainly on the pier. I'm still learning the jargon and knots but would like to meet some people or mentor about fishing. I have gone to OB pier and Lake Murray but no luck. Not sure if my rig is wrong or just wrong bait, etc.

Thank you!
crabbypaddy
Angler

Re: New to Fishing/San Diego

Post by crabbypaddy »

Contact me and I will take you out on a boat on the bay for a spotted bass smackdown. You will catch plenty of fish.

hubster951@gmail.com
Werfless
Angler

Post by Werfless »

Good on you, crabby
Tubefly
Angler

Post by Tubefly »

You tell em, coach - how true
professionull
Mega Pro Angler

Post by professionull »

If you don't get seasick on a smaller boat, the bluefin tuna will be showing up in our local waters within the next 3-5 weeks hopefully and I wouldn't mind having someone else tag along and split gas. All my other friends have boats so we communicate back and forth on biting fish positions if it's not a wide open bite. I have gear you can use or can at least hook and hand and or even trade off fighting these wonderful fish
rydinghood
Angler

Post by rydinghood »

I was wondering if I can jump on this bandwagon. I've been fishing for a while but havent really had the opportunity to meet people to go fishing with. My favorite place to fish has been the Kern River, but for a quick fix the piers have been my "go to"
I am able to help with any costs associated with going out on a boat. Basically Im just really looking for people who love fishing as much as I do.
My next trip is up to the Rogue River to fish for Salmon.
professionull
Mega Pro Angler

Post by professionull »

This is open for anybody that wants to go. I'll be making a little more frequent trips inshore and offshore now that the water is warming up and the fish finish spawning.

Currently heading out targeting Yellowtail and Tuna in MX waters 20-30 miles. As they get closer the runs will hopefully be what they were last year which was 5-17 miles in local waters.
Biriuk619
Angler

Post by Biriuk619 »

Just got back into fishing, Used to do a lot of kayak fishing but just Pounding the shores for now, If you or anyone else is looking for someone to hang with while doing some bay fishing hit me up.
professionull
Mega Pro Angler

Post by professionull »

Slaying yellowtail, dorado, and yellowfin tuna. Bite is hot and the fish are close to home
IMG_0487.jpeg
71501846857__547BFE76-1FAB-4AAF-AE32-D094E4CB35F0.jpeg