San Jose Del Cabo 4/15

This is your place to post about fishing Baja, Mainland Mexico and all points South. Got a trip to Cabo or Belize? Post about it here!
galen
Pro Angler

San Jose Del Cabo 4/15

Post by galen »

Just saw this forum, cool. Was down at Cabo Azul in San Jose over Spring Break. Took the kids this time. Fished two days. First day sucked for fishing but the kids were champs and we saw a grip of whales which was cool. Second day I went Out with just my father-in- law. I got 5 bonito, fun on the jig. He got a bonito, a pargo and a small leopard grouper. His first fish in more than 15 yrs I think. Maybe one of these days I will get to La Paz the yoyo YT fishing off the island was bonkers while we were down there.
IMG_2462.jpeg
Attachments
IMG_0725.jpeg
IMG_2460.jpeg
Roncador
Angler

Re: San Jose Del Cabo 4/15

Post by Roncador »

Some good eats right there! Love me some leopard grouper, that huachinango looks good too. Nice job! I'll be headed down there for 3 days myself next month. Hoping for that trophy rooster.
galen
Pro Angler

Post by galen »

I told the skipper I really want to get a Rooster, didn’t care what size. We were still too early in the season. Hopefully by the time you get down there the big girls have started showing up. Good luck!
Roncador
Angler

Post by Roncador »

galen wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:58 am I told the skipper I really want to get a Rooster, didn’t care what size. We were still too early in the season. Hopefully by the time you get down there the big girls have started showing up. Good luck!
Thanks, should be good. May is prime time for it. Surprised you guys didn't get any or at least see some wolf packs.