First day out and over 70 fish in 4 hours

Bluegill, crappie, redear sunfish and other panfish.
Just_Bass
Pro Angler

Re: First day out and over 70 fish in 4 hours

Post by Just_Bass »

No doubt I could (and have) caught fish on many lures sold, but not as many on many lures sold. It's not about the source of the lure but about specific lure actions that can always be counted on. Even with crankbaits of a similar body shape and bill type, variations in action make or break a crankbait's success.
Believe the various reason(s) lures catch fish if it helps you predict which lures to cast and work a certain way. In my world, confidence in a lure's shape, action and size - in combination - has the most potential of getting fish to attack and is the ultimate fish-finder and provoker of the least active of fish. Many lure designers in the past century discovered just that and made millions on lures they knew were unnatural in shape and action. Yet they were advertised as shad, leeches, various bugs and other prey imitations. Names given to lures mean nothing to fish; the visual they produce is everything! The elderly gentleman I recently fished with is convinced of all of the above after decades of buying so many lures for the wrong reasons.

You don’t get it don’t you? It is not ALL about lures size or shape but it is about location, depth and mood of the fish you after. If you explain of how and where you find those fish, and how you fish them bobbers, slow retrieve, jigging, jerking along the bottom or even plain drifting would be more beneficial to those wanna learn how to find them, instead you bombard the post of your own and especially others with your ridiculous lures and some tiny fish. Doesn’t matter how magical your creation is, if you drop where is no fish, you’d got no bite.
You could be one of the good contributor for this small, local forum if you know how to get off your ego (believe me Californian is the most ego compare to other regions). If you come in with just your happy day of catching 70 crappies in 4 hours, we would be happy for you not start basting of how good you or your lures are. Some might even want to know your location so they can have fun and some good meals. A lot of ppl know you are not local and a lot easier to find them crappies than here in limited SoCal lakes but over population.
Just for example, I should baby shad type over anything else like tube, curly tail, paddle tail for distance. I too fish most of the time 1/32oz jig and to be able to get distance from shore, baby shad type is the best. I should to use specific lure instead of increasing weight so I can stay in strike zone longer. If I vertical jigging I would increase weight but lure with lots of tentacles to slow down the weight but better seeing line jump.
Last edited by Just_Bass on Sat May 18, 2024 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

Just_Bass wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 11:38 amNo doubt I could (and have) caught fish on many lures sold, but not as many on many lures sold. It's not about the source of the lure but about specific lure actions that can always be counted on. Even with crankbaits of a similar body shape and bill type, variations in action make or break a crankbait's success.
Believe the various reason(s) lures catch fish if it helps you predict which lures to cast and work a certain way. In my world, confidence in a lure's shape, action and size - in combination - has the most potential of getting fish to attack and is the ultimate fish-finder and provoker of the least active of fish. Many lure designers in the past century discovered just that and made millions on lures they knew were unnatural in shape and action. Yet they were advertised as shad, leeches, various bugs and other prey imitations. Names given to lures mean nothing to fish; the visual they produce is everything! The elderly gentleman I recently fished with is convinced of all of the above after decades of buying so many lures for the wrong reasons.

You don’t get it don’t you? It is not ALL about lures size or shape but it is about location, depth and mood of the fish you after. If you explain of how and where you find those fish, and how you fish them bobbers, slow retrieve, jigging, jerking along the bottom or even plain drifting would be more beneficial to those wanna learn how to find them, instead you bombard the post of your own and especially others with your ridiculous lures and some tiny fish. Doesn’t matter how magical your creation is, if you drop where is no fish, you’d got no bite.
You could be one of the good distributors for this small, local forum if you know how to get off your ego (believe me Californian is the most ego compare to other regions). If you come in with just your happy day of catching 70 crappies in 4 hours, we would be happy for you not start basting of how good you or your lures are. Some might even want to know your location so they can have fun and some good meals. A lot of ppl know you are not local and a lot easier to find them crappies than here in limited SoCal lakes but over population.
Just for example, I should baby shad type over anything else like tube, curly tail, paddle tail for distance. I too fish most of the time 1/32oz jig and to be able to get distance from shore, baby shad type is the best. I should to use specific lure instead of increasing weight so I can stay in strike zone longer. If I vertical jigging I would increase weight but lure with lots of tentacles to slow down the weight but better seeing line jump.
Im glad I’m not the only one who sees it. Just be careful @Just_Bass he nearly got me kicked off the old forum even after it was on cruise control for saying similar stuff. Senkosam is a living legend! I hope one day I can be as good as a fisherman as he is and be on countless forums around the world letting everyone know that they are doing it all wrong!
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
Gotfish?
Extreme Angler

Post by Gotfish? »

If only Senkosam was local then we could have all of you on the water in a contest to see who the real expert is.
Just_Bass
Pro Angler

Post by Just_Bass »

Gotfish? wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:44 pm If only Senkosam was local then we could have all of you on the water in a contest to see who the real expert is.
If he is local I would take him with me in a heartbeat. I want to learn from the best, No pun intended regarding his creation. I used to think I’m good, once I fish with @ bassmeister I felt like I just a guy who know next to nothing.
Gotfish?
Extreme Angler

Post by Gotfish? »

Senkosam: we are very interested in your experience fishing for "strippers". What lures work best for them? I have heard it is $100 bills.
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

We’re not worthy spoonminnow, we’re not worthy! No, you definitely tried getting me kicked off my own local forum for disagreeing with your New York techniques in your small little under pressured farm ponds compared to our fishery on the other side of the continent. I’ve seen the exact same responses from guys like Just_Bass when you go on other people’s local forums in other states and try to tell everyone they have it all wrong and they are dumb for buying into realistic lures. Then you throw a fit when people disagree with you.
Me, I tend to fish realistic looking lures and do just fine and I have nothing to prove to you nor no need to stroke my own ego. I honestly couldn’t believe it took you this long to remember me and our encounters. Just goes to show, you post on WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many forums, you can’t keep up with the people you argue with. Anyone can look it up. It’s amusing.
Gotfish?
Extreme Angler

Post by Gotfish? »

camobass wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:00 pm We’re not worthy spoonminnow, we’re not worthy! No, you definitely tried getting me kicked off my own local forum for disagreeing with your New York techniques in your small little under pressured farm ponds compared to our fishery on the other side of the continent. I’ve seen the exact same responses from guys like Just_Bass when you go on other people’s local forums in other states and try to tell everyone they have it all wrong and they are dumb for buying into realistic lures. Then you throw a fit when people disagree with you.
Me, I tend to fish realistic looking lures and do just fine and I have nothing to prove to you nor no need to stroke my own ego. I honestly couldn’t believe it took you this long to remember me and our encounters. Just goes to show, you post on WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many forums, you can’t keep up with the people you argue with. Anyone can look it up. It’s amusing.
What makes you such a hateful and cranky individual?

If only there was a person whose teachings you would follow that advocated tolerance, compassion and peace towards all men.
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

Hateful? Haha…na. Cranky, maybe. Good on you taking the higher ground. Sounds like you’re describing yourself and spoonster. As far as your theology, you hit some of it…I’ve learned more than you’ll ever know from both you and spoonster. My angling has never been the same!
senkosam
Angler

Post by senkosam »

not worth a reply
Last edited by senkosam on Mon May 20, 2024 3:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
senkosam
Angler

Post by senkosam »

Gotfish? wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:37 pm Senkosam: we are very interested in your experience fishing for "strippers". What lures work best for them? I have heard it is $100 bills.
Give me a break! LOL One spelling error. (Besides, the strippers in my area don't warrant 100 bucks. $10 tops/ another $10 bottoms. ;) )

Also - I have caught stripers in tidal creeks (where the salt water comes up during high tide and mixes with the freshwater in some of the rivers that empty into the Hudson R. My largest was 6 lbs. decades ago. Trolling the main river for stripers I've never done and wouldn't - too boring no matter how large the fish run.
senkosam
Angler

Post by senkosam »

deleted
Last edited by senkosam on Mon May 20, 2024 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just_Bass
Pro Angler

Post by Just_Bass »

“ What about you Camo and Just Bass? Name all the conditions and locations you do well and specifics when it comes to lure choices.... or is it a secret?”
It is not secret, I only do good here in my small 400 acres private lake. I don’t fish anywhere else but here where I can find 10lb bass, 17” crappie 12” bluegill and abundant of catfish. Now I don’t fish as much anymore since I enjoy our own semi private 18 holes golf course. I don’t care how many I caught but I care about what gears and lure that I choose to catch and successfully.
Attachments
IMG_3616.jpeg
IMG_3615.jpeg
IMG_3614.jpeg
IMG_3613.jpeg
IMG_3612.jpeg
IMG_3611.jpeg
Just_Bass
Pro Angler

Post by Just_Bass »

Oh and you might not remember me neither once you said my baitcaster not suitable for crappie fishing.
Here example of what I do well, and before when I enjoy only fishing always change up not stick to one thing.
Attachments
IMG_3600.jpeg
IMG_3602.jpeg
IMG_3603.jpeg
IMG_3605.jpeg
IMG_3606.jpeg
Just_Bass
Pro Angler

Post by Just_Bass »

Btw you must be giant from picture of you 4lb bass compare to your hand or I must be a tiny ppl. Compare to my less that 4lb bass. Oh I have one of your creation too, you must be that seller from eBay.
Attachments
A03A1F8A-10DA-441C-B513-813DE677A4F1.jpeg
IMG_3607.jpeg
Just_Bass
Pro Angler

Post by Just_Bass »

Successfully, you asked? Not at your level, just enough like
When I show up at spot with crappie rigs, they will say like “watch this guy he’ll catch them within 10min” they might be there an hour ago and caught nothing.
Bass club here recognized me as that Asian dude who always catch nice fish from land.
At our country club, one of a guy walk to me, told me and my wife “he just show my profile picture to his friends because they complained there is no fish in this lake” his son is one of my follower in our small world.
Am I better than them, ABSOLUTELY NOT. I spent my time learning the area, contour of bottom, depth and where they usually hang out, instead of changing lures try different thing or try different creation imagination how it should move underwater and move on when no bite. I spent 100 if not 1000 on gears that I can cast a little further or using lighter weight jig head to be able to stay in strike zone longer. I learn how to adapt and change my retrieve even before changing lure, fast, slow wiggling or just lift and drop dead on bottom.
I’m proud to be in my small world but I’m not gonna go tell anyone else in this world to just look at me, look at my creations and follow me. You are wrong and I’m right those such thing.
KISS keep is stupid simple, be humble.
Not everyone fish the same, not everyone fish from boat, what works for you and your friends might not work for anyone else.
Just_Bass
Pro Angler

Post by Just_Bass »

Im guilty of buying new stuffs even though I know real well what work. It just the nature of human who love to try something different. Just like you who love to create weird stuffs. At least I got happiness from shopping even it might not catch anything. Leave it be, stop forcing your creation to everyone head. Believe me I have close to 100 if not more for crappie different size, shape and color, some hard to find, some from overseas. Don’t look at my bass stuff, I don’t I need anything for the next 10 years of every day fishing but who know what might end up at my front door tomorrow.
Attachments
IMG_3619.jpeg
senkosam
Angler

Post by senkosam »

deleted
Last edited by senkosam on Mon May 20, 2024 8:44 am, edited 5 times in total.
senkosam
Angler

Post by senkosam »

deleted
Last edited by senkosam on Mon May 20, 2024 3:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

Ahhh the 4lb bass. This is one where he tried to get me kicked off the old Sd fish. He even retracted it and said he used the wrong picture from a wrong file but now senkosam is posting the same pic here saying it’s 4 pounds. 4 pounds? Wow absolute false statement. Where is our mis information expert Gotfish?!!!! Gotfish, we need you. Major misinformation here. Spoonminnow is claiming that fish above in his post is 4 pounds. Use your way back machine where he corrected himself when he was called out. Hahahahaha
senkosam
Angler

Post by senkosam »

That is the end, cannot believe I skip one golf practice just to post this nonsense.
Your only accurate reply.
Last edited by senkosam on Mon May 20, 2024 8:49 am, edited 3 times in total.