Lake Hodges- Double Dipping!

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Pourboy
Mega Pro Angler

Lake Hodges- Double Dipping!

Post by Pourboy »

Hey all I hope the lines are tight,
Headed out last Saturday to Lake Hodges. Met up with Early Release at the launch and immediately got fish right out of the gate. I got one on the spinner bait and immediately following that as you probably already know he got a 4 lbs. 12 oz. Beauty on a Popper. We ended up going our separate ways for a while and I ended up getting one on the jig missing one on a CD five Rapala and then getting one on the DT 16 Rapala. Nothing giant, but fun fish. I ended up scoring a nice black crappie on my strike king bitsy bug And then got several more fish on jigs later on. I tried multiple areas with hit And miss success. I ended up leaving the lake around 1130 because I had to head off to work.

While at work, I was thinking about fishing and decided to head back in the afternoon for a two hour session literally. I got done with work around 4:30 PM and was back on the lake by 5 PM. I figured I would make a video challenging myself With two hours two beers and see how many Bass I could catch in that amount of time. I did end up hooking up to multiple Bass, but I challenge you to guess how many bass I would catch in those two hours at the end of the day before the lake closed . It was fun to set a challenge for myself with limitations and make it happen. I’ll tell you the biggest fish was around 4 pounds.

If you feel like checking out the video I think it was a pretty fun time. The beers were great. The lake was wonderful And yes, I am working on the noise cancellation part for the wind. Since I’m going to Barrett soon, I know that is always an issue there.

The time I had with Early Release was fun for sure. I’m hoping to make another video soon from that footage, but I had some technical issues with the recording. Cheers and I look forward to seeing you on the water.
2 Hours 2 Beers How Many Fish?!
KillinTime
Mega Pro Angler

Re: Lake Hodges- Double Dipping!

Post by KillinTime »

I fish every 30 min, not too shabby for an afternoon bite.
Pourboy
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Pourboy »

That's what I thought! I've never been much of an afternoon session guy but it paid off.
KillinTime
Mega Pro Angler

Post by KillinTime »

Definitely prefer mornings=) I have had some amazing afternoon bites, where the fish just turn on out of nowhere.

You got me wanting some of those Sierra Nevada Summerfest!
Pourboy
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Pourboy »

Go get some! Trader Joe’s has them now.
Early release
Extreme Angler

Post by Early release »

Great to get out there with you. Sure was fun to get fish right away too. Have to appreciate your commitment to fish at dawn with me and then go teach, come back and fish for the evening. I want that kind of energy. :)
Pourboy
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Pourboy »

It was my pleasure for sure. Still working on the morning video. Cheers!
Pond_prowler_619
Angler

Post by Pond_prowler_619 »

I always enjoy your videos bro... hope to see you on the water one day and fish with you .... as always great video
Jesus saves 🙌
Pourboy
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Pourboy »

Pond_prowler_619 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:00 pm I always enjoy your videos bro... hope to see you on the water one day and fish with you .... as always great video
Thanks so much! You know where to find me.