4/21 afternoon sesh at Cap

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Mcfish
Extreme Angler

Re: 4/21 afternoon sesh at Cap

Post by Mcfish »

camobass wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:33 pm
Mcfish wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:46 pm
bendopolo 44+ wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:01 am In heavy cover, try a small finishing nail slipped into the worm behind the hook. With a Texas rigged hook it is virtually snag free and is smooth so it goes thru the algae. Very inexpensive little trick from the 70s when I listened intently to the Bass Pros in my Dads Fishing Club, the Fullerton Spinners.
I thought I invented the finishing nail for weighting worms back in '65 ! I use to split shot my plastics worms and when I ran out of split shots, I couldn't afford more so I raided my dad's workbench and stuck the finishing nails in my Creme worms. I would hacksaw the nails in half and get a 2 for 1 deal... until I could afford more split shots..! Thankfully, I can afford split shots now!
Is that when you walked to school and back miles up hill in the snow?
The global cooling was so bad in the 60s, that we had snow drifts 6'-8' deep in La Mesa, took me an hour to hike 3 blocks to Murray....and that was in July....and it was uphill both ways!
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Re: 4/21 afternoon sesh at Cap

Post by VinnyBass »

young mcfish.jpg
1962 File photo: Young McFish heading to school