Hodges report April 20

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
Early release
Extreme Angler

Hodges report April 20

Post by Early release »

Hello all,

Had a nice day at Hodges this morning. Met with Pourboy in the parking lot and we headed out a little after 0600. Water temp was a toasty 67 F and wind was calm. Immediately Pourboy hooked a nice fish on a spinnerbait, I think it was one of his first couple casts. Then I got lucky too and a nice fish pounded my popper like he was mad at it. Which is exactly why I think topwater is so fun. Fish was a good size and was my big one for the day at 4 pounds 12 ounces. What was amazing to me, was the precisely calibrated eye of Pourboy. I asked what he thought and he said 4,12. He was right. Pretty impressive.

We worked along the bank a bit and there were a few jig fish caught ( not mine ) and we separated and I went to go find the big fish I lost last week in a netting error. Didn't find that fish, but did find 6 others for a total of 7 fish. Couple over 4, few 3 pounders and two 2 pounders. Usual baits for me, popper and small crankbait. I fished a new wakebait quite a bit but nothing happened with that. Also nothing on the jerkbait and with the water being so warm, I thought it might get some business. Pourboy had good success with a jig. I didn't see a lot of fish getting caught on the path I took. Got off the water at 1100 and it was a little over 70F by the dock. Lake is warming up quickly.
thumbnail_IMG_1457.jpg
otaymichael
Mega Pro Angler

Re: Hodges report April 20

Post by otaymichael »

Great report, good job on all accounts. Action has been heating up on all our lakes, I hit El Cap and got into a good j/b bite yesterday, getting a limit, finally, while others reported good bite on spinners. Buzzers good early am. Keep up the good work.

:)
Early release
Extreme Angler

Post by Early release »

Didn't think of the buzzers. Great way to cover water. Nice work at El Cap, that's another nice lake.
Pourboy
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Pourboy »

Fun day out there for sure! Video to come. Can’t wait for the next session. Cheers!

[img]
Attachments
IMG_6577.jpeg