Chiefs or 49ers?

Discussions not related to fishing.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Chiefs or 49ers?

Post by VinnyBass »

Lots of crazy playoff football the last few weeks and of course the teams that I kind of wanted to win, lost.
I am sure I am not the only one whose team did not make it and it's finally down to 2 teams.
The Kansas City Chief and the San Francisco 49ers.
Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 8.30.23 PM.png
I guess I am tired of seeing the Chiefs in the Super Bowl again.
This year there will be added entertainment for the viewing audience of having the TV cameras
panning in the box seats to see Taylor Swift after key Travis Kelce catches or actually anytime
during the game. Nothing against Taylor Swift, but come on, stick to the dang football game.
It should be an exciting Super Bowl and this year I will be rooting for the 49ers.

Anyway, I just wanted to see what teams some of you out there were rooting for this year and
what team will you be rooting for in the Super Bowl?
foulhook
Mega Pro Angler

Re: Chiefs or 49ers?

Post by foulhook »

It was fun to see Jason Kelcie with his shirt off slamming beers in the Taylor Swift booth at the Bills game.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

foulhook wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:52 am It was fun to see Jason Kelcie with his shirt off slamming beers in the Taylor Swift booth at the Bills game.
I was born in San Diego, but have lots of relatives in Pennsylvania......mostly around Philly. The fans there are a lot more
crazy than out here. I have been back there about 35 times and seen the city and fans go crazy especially during big football
games. So it was really entertaining seeing Jason Kelce drunk without a shirt carrying on in the way that quickly reminded
me of someone my cousins and crazy fans back there. He just took supporting his brother to a higher level(wifey did not like it though..ha ha)
Gotfish?
Extreme Angler

Post by Gotfish? »

I will be on the water Super Bowl day. Fortunately Taylor Swift won’t be on the water then so I will have it all to myself (mostly).
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Good one Gotfish........lots of salt water for you to cover peacefully while landing lots of bass that day.

I will be watching the game hoping Kelce does not have a good game and KC loses which sadly could mean less pans up
into the box seats where Taylor is...ha ha.

Still not one guy on the site says who they will be rooting for.
Can't fishermen be football fans also?
HookEmDanO
Pro Angler

Post by HookEmDanO »

go 49ers

so bet on KC
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

HookEmDanO wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:20 pm go 49ers

so bet on KC

That’s a good one.
Almost every team I wanted to win in the playoffs lost. The 49ers were the only team that I rooted for that won. So with my luck maybe if I root for KC, the 49ers will win. ha ha(or I can make some cash by taking your advice betting on KC to ease the pain If the 49ers lose) :-)
Midnightpass
Extreme Angler

Post by Midnightpass »

I don’t have a horse in the race… Not a fan of either team, so I don’t care who wins…. Both are good teams with some great players…. I don’t mind watching Kelce on the field, but Swift and him off of the of the field is getting kinda old.. Just looking for a good entertaining and close game…
Butch
sawheeler52
Angler

Post by sawheeler52 »

Yes my Bills and Chargers disappointed.
Though Patrick Mahomes has several more year aheads to potentially be established as the GOAT; My Rule #1:
DON'T EVER BET AGAINST PATRICK MAHOMES.
It's that simple to me, a Chargers fan.
Gotfish?
Extreme Angler

Post by Gotfish? »

"Is it time for the Taylor Swift football game" yet? From: https://www.wsj.com/arts-culture/music/ ... eatst_pos3

I am just glad she hasn't discovered the joys of float tube fishing San Diego Bay. Wouldn't be able to find a place to park if she did.
HookEmDanO
Pro Angler

Post by HookEmDanO »

capture.jpg
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Pretty much most of the odds makers or guys from around the country who have made predictions
from various sporting websites or TV networks, have picked the Chiefs.
I am going to stick to the underdog and hope for a miracle.
Go 49ers!
Unknown.png
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Actually was a pretty good game and that missed point after played a big part, but overall I was pretty happy that the refs did
not play a factor in the KC win. Now it is time for baseball. :-)
Midnightpass
Extreme Angler

Post by Midnightpass »

VinnyBass wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:35 am Actually was a pretty good game and that missed point after played a big part, but overall I was pretty happy that the refs did
I agree with you Vinny... Especially the last sentence...
Butch
Neuroshima
Mega Pro Angler

Post by Neuroshima »

VinnyBass wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:35 am Actually was a pretty good game and that missed point after played a big part, but overall I was pretty happy that the refs did
Good game, yes. But to say the refs didn't impact it favorably is wrong, IMO. The Chiefs had the most holding penalties during the regular season (30), but miraculously didn't have a single holding call in the Superbowl (or past 3, as a matter of fact), despite some obvious penalties which you can see here: https://gridironheroics.com/kansas-city ... e-holding/
foulhook
Mega Pro Angler

Post by foulhook »

Today the first day of spring training
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Neuroshima wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:58 am
Good game, yes. But to say the refs didn't impact it favorably is wrong, IMO. The Chiefs had the most holding penalties during the regular season (30), but miraculously didn't have a single holding call in the Superbowl (or past 3, as a matter of fact), despite some obvious penalties which you can see here: https://gridironheroics.com/kansas-city ... e-holding/
The Chiefs get away with a lot of holding that many times is so blatant that I wanna scream and another thing if someone even hits Mahomes there
is usually a penalty flag for roughing the passer. Yet when one of the guys from KC slams the opponents QB and even lands on him....there is no call. This happened during the regular season and many times and many will agree that KC always seems to get a call their way when they need it or the other team will get penalized to push them back. There is holding on every play on the game and the ref's decide when to call it. What I was trying to say is that if the ref's penalized SF on big plays or gave all types of non-calls to KC that should have been penalties, I would be screaming all game long. Anyway....I wanted SF and I remember when one of the guys in the booth said that KC had not had a penalty in the second half......that sounded strange eh?
That missed on the tipped extra point really hurt. Anyway.....I think KC lost a few games during the year when they were actually
penalized like other teams. There should be no favoritism towards them, but I have seen a lot of weird calls go their way.
Gotfish?
Extreme Angler

Post by Gotfish? »

Fresh from her victory at being queen of football, her fans want to make her queen of Mount Rushmore:

https://medium.com/@MikalaStreeter/tayl ... 84f4108b43

Not that I care what she does as long as she doesn't come to SD fishing spots and ruin the parking. Although maybe she should start out by just replacing a Confederate general statue.
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

Wow
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

Gotfish? wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:27 pm Fresh from her victory at being queen of football, her fans want to make her queen of Mount Rushmore:

https://medium.com/@MikalaStreeter/tayl ... 84f4108b43

Not that I care what she does as long as she doesn't come to SD fishing spots and ruin the parking. Although maybe she should start out by just replacing a Confederate general statue.
Geez…I think we have anything to worry about
here in San Diego………:-)
She is just extremely popular and while I don’t
listen to her music … more power to her and her fans. She has no direct influence on my life.