World Series...anybody watching?

Discussions not related to fishing.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

World Series...anybody watching?

Post by VinnyBass »

Yeah it is not a World Series with tons of hype like many in the past like the one that I always remember and some of you old timers
remember when the Yankees played the Dodgers. It became an east coast vs the west coast series with lots of hype. Anyway, after
watching game 1 of the series between the Diamondbacks vs the Rangers, it actually was quite entertaining. Not teams by any means
that I follow, but fun to watch so many young players giving it their all to try to win. Of course the big highlight was the when it looked
like the game was lost and then a Ranger's home run in the bottom of the 9th tied the game up and another home run in the bottom of
the 11th inning to win it before over 43,000 fans going absolutely crazy was the icing on the cake. Well, especially if you are a Texas
Rangers fan. Anyway, who knows if the other games will offer this much excitement.
Screenshot 2023-10-28 at 8.31.36 AM.png
I'm a Padres fan, but seeing Bruce Bochy managing the Rangers, I am adopting them as my team....ha ha
If they win or lose the series, it is no big deal as I am just hoping the Padres have a better season next year.
I just was curious if anyone else out there is watching or planning to watch the series and who are you rooting for.
HookEmDanO
Pro Angler

Re: World Series...anybody watching?

Post by HookEmDanO »

I am rooting for 7 games...I want both sides sweating that 7th game...nothing better
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

I know it’s a little early to predict, but I’m thinking this series may go seven games.
Midnightpass
Extreme Angler

Post by Midnightpass »

I’ve been out in the desert camping, so I missed both games… Looking forward to tonight’s game… I’m with you in that I don’t have a real favorite, but maybe rooting for The D-Backs, just because they are in our division.. And I’m a National League guy too…. I hope it goes 7..
Butch
Midnightpass
Extreme Angler

Post by Midnightpass »

Congrats to the Rangers... It didn't go 7 like I hoped... The D-Backs just couldn't hit with men aboard...
Butch
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

I expected Arizona to win more than one because Arizona blew past teams to get to the Series. But overall, the Rangers proved they were the better team and talk about clutch hits.....wow! Did not even have a hit last night through 6 innings and then Texas just found the holes and later put the game away. Congratulations to them as I mentioned earlier I was kind of pulling for them.
Well, now that that it over.....it's time to just focus on football...ha ha
foulhook
Mega Pro Angler

Post by foulhook »

Did you guys see the Corey Seager and Mookie Betts exchange before a world series game. Where Seager told Betts "Don't f---king touch me" and Betts walked away laughing. I don't know if this was serious or two ex teamates joking around, nice to see Seager get MVP
Last edited by foulhook on Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

A short clip of it.....

More info..
https://dodgersnation.com/odd-interacti ... 023/10/31/