Cuyamaca State Park Fishing

Trout fishing in the local lakes and streams.
Gotfish?
Extreme Angler

Re: Cuyamaca State Park Fishing

Post by Gotfish? »

Leaves of 3, let it be
Does not make good TP
William Ritchie
Angler

Post by William Ritchie »

Tecnu is your friend . Just get after it quick . My hunting buddy has been fighting the effects from exposure for over a month . He looked like someone had taken a bull whip to his legs and arms . Can be really nasty if you are sweaty !
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

Tecnu works really good and quick
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
Gotfish?
Extreme Angler

Post by Gotfish? »

Tecnu is good for removing poison oak oil (urushiol) but so is Dawn or even soap and water, just need to use it within a few hours of exposure. Or maybe I am just good at avoiding it in the 1st place, not an experiment I wish to try. Zanfel works even once it has broken out but is expensive. https://www.amazon.com/Mean-Green-Power ... 00CZIG28Y/ is supposed to be the same as Zanfel but much less expensive.

If you have a systemic reaction and keep breaking out in new spots that were never exposed to poison oak, a corticosteroid like a cortisone shot or prednisone pills clear it up real fast.

While not common, you can die from inhalation of burning poison oak smoke if not treated. You can also get it from wading in rain run off from areas with lots of poison oak. And you can get it from handling clothes that have brushed up against it or petting a dog that has been exposed to it. The washing machine will remove any poison oak from clothes.

Only primates are allergic to poison oak from what I have read. Even so, with humans there are about 10-20% who don't have a reaction. Sheep and goats will eat the leaves. Birds eat the berries.
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

Dish soap, soap and water???Haha. Been residing in the mountains my whole life(minus boat life) bush waking etc, the only thing that has ever successfully worked is Tecnu. Tried every “trick” in the book. Gotta give the search engine a rest.
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
Gotfish?
Extreme Angler

Post by Gotfish? »

camobass wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:28 pm Dish soap, soap and water???Haha. Been residing in the mountains my whole life(minus boat life) bush waking etc, the only thing that has ever successfully worked is Tecnu. Tried every “trick” in the book. Gotta give the search engine a rest.
What does that have to do with the search engine? Your imagination at work again? I take a warm bath with Dawn added and soap up the arms and legs after I am out mountain biking in poison oak infested areas and I don't come down with it. And I have seen Zanfel work very well on other people and it gets great reviews. And I have had cortisone shots and seen others do well with prednisone pills.

When was the last time you tried Zanfel? Or cortisone or prednisone? You say you tried every trick in the book so tell us when you tried these. Or maybe you haven't tried them after all.
professionull
Mega Pro Angler

Post by professionull »

Carpkiller wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:43 pm There's always something to see around that area. Take a camera; nice pics from the top of Stonewall Peak (on a clear day you can see Mt. San Jacinto). And just parking at Green Valley Falls offers some good wildlife options.....this was in February a few years back...

150228 3 turkeys sign crop.jpg
I almost wiped out a whole family of those stupid things when they were crossing the road while I was towing my prerunner down to the desert. Fortunately those dumb birds are pretty abundant around most of the county if I did clear a path through them. Now if you come across a mountain lion, that'll be worth seeing there given you're not the prey
Carpkiller
Extreme Angler

Post by Carpkiller »

I got tecnu and it worked.
A few years back, I went on a short adventure with a guy whose occupation is removing pot grows from public land.
So I asked him what they use after wallowing in poison oak.
"Dawn."
Been using it ever since and no poison oak rash.
I'll pretend my tube's not sinking
'Cause I'm the king of wishful thinking....
monstahfish
Angler

Post by monstahfish »

Can confirm there's lots of poison oak out there and even where I was able to find fish, it's enough to keep me from going back as I also need prednisone to kick it.
HK_Supermarket
Angler

Post by HK_Supermarket »

monstahfish wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:25 pm Can confirm there's lots of poison oak out there and even where I was able to find fish, it's enough to keep me from going back as I also need prednisone to kick it.
thanks for the update, I'm heading out next weekend. Will probably stick to the lake at this point, might just do some easy hikes since we'll have some non hikers in the group.