Barrett Finally Wed 27

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
619bassin
Pro Angler

Barrett Finally Wed 27

Post by 619bassin »

Got on the water @6, it was cold 45 degrees, felt like opening day. Noticed the water was down again, headed to Hauser and picked up 3 on popper early, 1 on Ned rig. Then went back to where they were busting, seems like everyone was there, boaters, tubers and kayakers. We didn’t have to chase, they were everywhere, but was harder to catch. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one throwing everything at them, but after awhile I finally figured out what they wanted or what they were chasing, tiny shad. Luckily they were still busting all day, unlike previous times they would disappear, cloudy weather did help. The bait I used was a kastmaster (silver,silver blue). I threw it out and would jig it up and down. Ended with total 30 bass for the day, the boaters next to me were getting them on flukes too.
Left @2, water temp 74
Thanks again to the staffs and here’s hoping for more rain next year.
Last edited by 619bassin on Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
JWall
Extreme Angler

Re: Barrett Finally Wed 27

Post by JWall »

Thanks for the report!!
Early release
Extreme Angler

Post by Early release »

Great report and congratulations on a great day. It does feel like early season in morning there lately. Brrrrr. Can't wait for the opener already!
Shawnster
Angler

Post by Shawnster »

Glad you had a fun and successful day out there! Kastmaster… hmm… these bass might be going through a trout identity crisis! Maybe we can keep the lake open for a few more weeks for bass identity therapy? It’s important! They clearly need our help.
BeatTheSkunk
Angler

Post by BeatTheSkunk »

Can I ask real quick how you get tickets for the opener? As in...When do they first go on sale?
Thanks!
619bassin
Pro Angler

Post by 619bassin »

i believe it's the 2nd tuesday of each month before, so for May opener, tickets on sale in April.
SamH
Angler

Post by SamH »

Hey 619,
I saw you as you were heading out. Thanks for the tip on the busters in back. Helped to add a few to the count. See you next season!
Sam