When you've got too much junk in your trunk...lumbar pack sale

Discuss rods, reels, lures, terminal tackle, line and fishing related accessories or apparel.
Carpkiller
Extreme Angler

When you've got too much junk in your trunk...lumbar pack sale

Post by Carpkiller »

Does your overloaded lumbar pack slide down? Do your fishing trips involve more hiking than fishing, and a "day pack" just ain't cutting it? Do you have to buy stuff that you don't even need, just because it's CAMO, baby? Do you bowhunt and want a pack that'll carry your bow? Looky here:
timber hawk.JPG
The top portion is made of soft (quiet) fabric for hunting. If it's a misty day, or you get splashed then toss the pack down it's gonna pick up a lot of sand..I wouldn't use it for surf fishing.

This pack does not slide down, and the load doesn't flop around against your butt or the back of your legs. It has a strap from the back of the yoke to the back side of the pack...and other adjustment straps to get the load secured so nothing flops around when not crammed full. The flap for carrying a bow (see below) is the exact size of a Plano 3700 tackle tray. The weight of all your crap is carried on your hips, like a legit backpack. And unlike a day pack that covers your whole back and makes you sweat like a pig...this one's less sweat inducing. You can carry a big jacket rolled up on top of the pack (in case of rain, or if you start in the morning and need to lose layers later on).

On a couple of desert hikes, I have loaded this thing down with platypus style collapsible bladders and carried nearly 3 gallons of water comfortably.

It'll carry a bow...see the bottom flap thingy in this shot...
tiimber hawk w bow.JPG
Fast forward to modern times...

After more than a decade of hiking (and being soaked with sweat,) the strap portion of my waist belt is disintegrating. The little cord zipper pulls are mostly broken, but replaced with paracord. The rest of the pack (fabric and zippers) is in great shape. Could prolly take a couple hours of seam-ripping and sewing to replace the waist strap...wonder what a new pack would cost? Found one on Amazon for 77 dollars and ordered it.

Then checked the company website. The retail price has been reduced to 100 bucks...and ...there's an anniversary sale right now...50% off. Free shipping.

So I ordered a new one...for fifty bucks. And cancelled the amazon order....
I'll pretend my tube's not sinking
'Cause I'm the king of wishful thinking....